Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Three Out, Four Back and a blizzard of vouchers

Old Mar 22, 19, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Taylor Street Baristas

Can some kind soul check my working here? Iím getting a headache just thinking about it.

I am currently holding:

1 x Amex Companion Voucher expiring Mar 2020
2 x GUF1 expiring Oct 19
1 x GUF2 expiring Mar 2020
2 x Jokers expiring Jun 2019

And I want to book the following:

3 people - self, SWMBO and No 1 son - in CW to ORD for daughterís graduation first week in May
4 people - adding newly-minted graduate daughter - back to the UK a week or so later, probably from ORD but possibly BNA or PIT if we decide to make a mini road-trip out of it

Letís assume there is no reward availability. I THINK the best approach in terms of minimal Avios usage is:

Book return tickets - either to and from ORD or open-jaw - for the three of us travelling both legs using a Joker, the Companion Voucher, the GUF2 and one GUF1.
Book a separate one-way ticket back to London for daughter using the other GUF1 and (if necessary) the other Joker.

Obviously a bit profligate in terms of Jokers but Iím not too fussed since Iím not going to get the chance to use them any other way before my year ends.

If my reasoning is sound, will BA allow the second Joker to be used? I ask because technically that means there will be two GGL Redemptions in the same cabin on the same flight, even though theyíre both mine. Iím not 100% clear what BAís policy is in this respect.

Hope thatís clear, grateful for any confirmation (or otherwise) that Iíve got this right.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: