Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in First - any tips?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

First time in First - any tips?

I’m doing SYD to LHR via SIN in a few days - BA0016 to SIN and then BA0012 to LHR. It’s the first time I’ve ever been in the front. Any tips or advice from regular users to get the most out of the experience?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Tell them it's your first First, and they should treat you well. And enjoy it
Laphroaig57 and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Try these, lots of great data points. I'm one of those who still enjoys the experience, and approached in the right frame of mind I suspect you will as well.....

First Time in First!

Just booked my first BA First

My First First
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Oops! Should have done a search - appears to be a common question. Thanks for the advice and links :-)
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yes, don't do what I did, under encouragement from the FA's I might add, and drink all the wines on the wine list, plus cognac...I had such a hangover in New York.

Enjoy, if you get a CC like we had to JFK, you'll love it.
rockflyertalk and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC
All i'd say is that you need to remember that First is "on demand", so if you want something, ask! Some crew might not be proactive in offering things, but don't be afraid to request something. It's not like in other cabins where what you see is what you get. Of course, you need to know what is on offer, so read the other threads and get an idea of what you want out of the experience. And certainly tell the crew it's your first FIRST.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:48 am

Ask for the chocolates! They don't always make an appearance otherwise.

And remember it's dine on demand. Don't be pressured into accepting the crew's timing of meals.
T8191 and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Ask for the chocolates! They don't always make an appearance otherwise. (...)
I knew I forgot something the last time!

Ask also for the slippers, by the way.
SxMan likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dashed
I’m doing SYD to LHR via SIN in a few days - BA0016 to SIN and then BA0012 to LHR. It’s the first time I’ve ever been in the front. Any tips or advice from regular users to get the most out of the experience?
I did that routing in F a while back. On the SYD-SIN sector I was in a very rare 'I'm a Flyertalker so know better' type of mood so didn't really enjoy the flight. The crew were more interested in enjoying themselves plus the chicken I chose hadn't been loaded so I had to make do with tough as leather chops instead.
As my SIN-LHR sector departed late in the evening I was too knackered to enjoy it to the full. I suggest you make the most of the SYD-SIN sector and relax and enjoy the rest on the SIN-LHR flight.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:21 am

First timer questions

Hi all. Have been reading the First threads here trying to get a better handle on flying F for the first time.
I'm planning on going to either LAX or SFO. There's a mix of A380 or 777s on the routes with sometimes a 380 outbound and a 777 inbound.

which is better experience? I've read somewhere there's new F suites on some 777s? Im wondering if they're widespread or just about to be introduced.
The flight I'm looking at has a 5 hour stopover in LHR. Would be nice to experience what F has to offer in LHR

thanks
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
During my first F, (Sin to Lhr). the Cabin folk were brilliant. I told them it was my first F. The only downside was being blotto on arrival.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by dsched
which is better experience? I've read somewhere there's new F suites on some 777s? Im wondering if they're widespread or just about to be introduced.
The flight I'm looking at has a 5 hour stopover in LHR. Would be nice to experience what F has to offer in LHR

thanks
If the seat map shows 8 seats in F it is the new F suite with door an massive screen. Would rate that a lot higher than A380, which in turn is better than the old style 777.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dashed
I've flown F a few times (mostly J), but it's hard to offer 'tips' as there's not a huge amount you can do to improve your own flight. It's generally how the crew act on the day, the lounge access you'll get before boarding and so on. One advantage of flight F from LHR is the CCR.

I find flying first towards the UK to be, sadly, a less engaging experience so tend not to bother.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by chriswiles
I've flown F a few times (mostly J), but it's hard to offer 'tips' as there's not a huge amount you can do to improve your own flight. It's generally how the crew act on the day, the lounge access you'll get before boarding and so on. One advantage of flight F from LHR is the CCR.

I find flying first towards the UK to be, sadly, a less engaging experience so tend not to bother.
actually – I prefer the first area in the arrivals lounge of terminal five more than the concord room in many ways. Although, of course, it does close fairly early in the day.Don’t forget, you can have a bath or a shower there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.