Wiki Posts
Search

First problems

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:24 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by annihilation
I know something you don't know. Ner ner.. Dear god...
Do you want access to circuit breakers next? I wouldn't dream of wanting to touch someone else's electrics.

In this instance I would ask for something to go over the light. Yes I could use the eye shades in the amenity kit, but they make me feel claustrophobic so I can't use them. I am also clumsy and a bit dull when I wake. I am liable to think I have gone blind and fall over.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Of course not, but why say I know and I know what to do to a forum full of people who cant do it. Just say ask your cabin crew.
Andriyko, eminere and dougzz like this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you

The point I was making is that all cabin crew should know about these resets, it is not for me to give technical details of how to do these as customers would not have access as these resets is not carried out at the seat.
Yes but they seemingly don't. You initially said there is a way to do this at the seat, and my immediate thought was why not say how. You do seem to have posted here in a manner suggesting I know best, and I'm not telling. Given the DIY cleaning required on occasions why not a little at seat electrical work too?
eminere likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
If it’s a reset then CC should know. What CIHY said was he was surprised the CC didn’t know. It’s not for the self loading freight to know.

If he tells us then the next thread will have somebody saying “I walked into the CSM’s office to perform the reset and suddenly all the lights came on. The hitherto absent CSM suddenly appeared, no doubt disturbed from scoffing his face with the undelivered F chocolates and decanting the remainder of the LPGS into flasks to give the pre-planned crew party some fizz rather than doing something productive such as memorising the inbound passenger list and CIVs, and he was very rude to me telling me I shouldn’t be touching anything. “Well” I politely pointed out “Had you been present in the cabin you would have known my light wouldn’t go completely out”. This pathetic excuse for a CSM then lectured me for several minutes about the grave risks I was running. How many Avios do you think I am entitled to?’

Last edited by IAMORGAN; Mar 25, 2019 at 2:46 am
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by dougzz
Yes but they seemingly don't. You initially said there is a way to do this at the seat, and my immediate thought was why not say how. You do seem to have posted here in a manner suggesting I know best, and I'm not telling. Given the DIY cleaning required on occasions why not a little at seat electrical work too?
Then you misjudge me, I am just telling everyone here that there are resets, one at the seat and one elsewhere that all crew should know, for obvious reason we do not want customers pulling their seats apart.

Last edited by Can I help you; Mar 25, 2019 at 3:11 am
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
It seems it's a pretty familiar problem. Not the end of the world, but perhaps not the sort of message you want a first-class cabin to give out.

I wonder why the fault hasn't been found and rectified
fairhsa likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It only seems to a problem on the B744, very very rarely on the B777.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
As an aside my window blinds wouldnt work at all on BA 16 IN 1A Syd to Sin on Saturday. A reset failed. Although a day flight all others were closed - except for mine. I personally didnt give a toss, enjoying a lovely sunset approaching Singapore. But I think a few others in the cabin may have been a bit miffed as it was quite bright outside. Also,the headset would only work on one side without some serious wiggling - but the wine and service etc were very good as always. So no dramas on my side. Bit miffed that I only got TPs and avios for the paid booking class (PE/WT+) whereas in the past all upgrades etc have (incorrectly) been assigned them for the cabin flown. This leg was a WTP booking GUF'd to J., and gate upgraded to F so only 90 Tps ....

OF
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well here is a fix the the window blind which all crew should know and I don’t mind sharing with customers.
If you look under the forward end of the window blind you will see a very thin cutout about a 3 inch square, if you push this you will see a black wheel, the wheel will wind the blind up or down.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is it me or are the power USB points on the 789 in F VERY slow at charging? Couldn't remember if it took an age to charge an iPhone on the 744 I took last April...

...Also the film I was watching (number 3 of the flight) came to a halt a third of the way through. I was seated in 1E. Crew reset the box of my seat twice, to no avail. On a third attempt it came back to life but the film juddered every few seconds.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As far as I’m aware they only hold a charge although I am aware that they do recharge slightly.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by Vgravity
Underwhelmed with first to YVR yesterday. The lamp on the side of the chair wouldn’t switch off, so was pretty hard to get any sleep. The CSD said they couldn’t do anything about it, other than switch seats with someone on staff travel (not ideal as closer to galley and do you really want to switch after 3.5 hours).

Also - have they started serving from the back of the cabin, or was it just this flight that row 1 got everything considerably later than row 5?
Pretty good for the staff if they get to travel FOC to YVR, nice perk of the job.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
The Pashmina worked well tied around the lamp when this happened to us
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Well here is a fix the the window blind which all crew should know and I don’t mind sharing with customers.
If you look under the forward end of the window blind you will see a very thin cutout about a 3 inch square, if you push this you will see a black wheel, the wheel will wind the blind up or down.
Thanks, CIHY, useful tip!

rb211.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
This happened to me on a flight to BKK (back when there was a F cabin on that route) and I was rewarded 25,000 avios compensation for it, which I thought was ridiculously generous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.