And the Top Award for Stupidity Goes To...

Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult

Actually both.. As things went, the BA flight was among the 26% arriving on time and at a gate (not a remote stand). I made it to T3 AA by entering the UK and taking the Heathrow Express to T3 (far quicker than going through "Connections").. AA had them listed in the system but not received, the agent made phone calls at which point they were located and delivered to AA at at T minus... something.. The AA gate agent to whom I had spoken paged me with the info, whichI found excellent service. So it all ended well.
Not restocking transit labels for weeks has no excuse. It is not rocket science.
Oh, your bags were hand-delivered by BA despite the long label?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
The AA gate agent to whom I had spoken paged me with the info, whichI found excellent service. So it all ended well.
Not restocking transit labels for weeks has no excuse. It is not rocket science.
i'm pleased to hear the bar code technology worked for you. The labels really are superfluous in this day and age.
T8191 and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc

The tags make no difference, Lord knows why they still have them... Much like the priority tags, although at least they make people feel important.

On a LHR-DXB flight in F a few years ago, I had the "Priority" label attached at check in - I saw it!

On arrival, well after all the priority labelled items had been and gone and we were down to the stuff that get shoved in last minute (my interpretation, not fact) my bag comes out. Lo and behold, it had had its priority label ripped off!

Most of the time, I agree with the above, the label means nothing but my nose does go up a couple of degrees more than normal when I get one
Cofyknsult likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The city of Paris likes giving departing foreigners a last goodbye treat before they leave.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Given how some very knowledgeable and experienced posters always say the tags are worthless why do BA continue to use them? I flew to Tegel yesterday and watched the priority tag being attached to my bag with some amusement given what I've read here. True to form it was one of the last to appear on the belt.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Actually, I am not a foreigner but I see what you mean...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
The bar code technology does work in single-terminal airports but it's a little more complicated when mult-terminals are involved. Especially in LHR between T3 and T5 either way, my standard M.O. is to request tagging only to LHR. I enter the UK with my EuroPassport through the automated gates (and I do not believe anything will change on March 29, Aprl 12, May 22 or any time soon), get my bag(s), take the HEX to the other terminal, and recheck. It always worked fine. I keep hearing horror stories about LHR, never had one (Yesterday was the closest but I admit it worked fine). As to CDG, I rarely transit there but understand it's worse.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
well flying back JFK-LHR-DUB with about 5 hrs in LHR before continuing on...the agent affixed the first sticker to the bag but the second agent (two of them working the stand as it was a very slow night) was told by the first agent she forgot to affix the SHORT transfer tags. so the whole re-print and all to affix both tags.

i laughed to myself that it didnt seem 5hr layover is SHORT but i figured maybe that would be better than nothing haha.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.