Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Who reads the entire fine print all the time?
I'm pretty sure that many of us don't. Especially us lawyers.

But if on any occasion you choose not to read the fine print, you probably have no grounds for complaint if you make and act on an assumption, and then you later find out that the T&Cs made it crystal clear that your assumption was wrong.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Threads merged.

FWIW, this was one those where you did actually had to go and read at least some of the T&Cs, particularly clauses 2 and 3, to understand what it was about. The age restriction is clearly shown in clause 1.
So BA took the time to meticulously put all the rules in the system around eligibility like start dates and end dates, but would not put a simple check for the date of birth (as they already have the same handy)
To be honest, I had enrolled much earlier and the above 18 did not matter to me and the rest of the clauses were important which I did remember and I had enrolled my kids later when I totally forgot about the +18. I am still a little miffed that BA gladly allowed my kids to enter the promo and then they tell me that they are not eligible.

A simple expectation is that if you are not eligibile then you should not be allowed to enter a promo when BA has the means to enforce the same.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
I had enrolled my kids later when I totally forgot about the +18.
It says it all really - you forgot.

No need to try to offload your forgetfullness onto BA (or any other organisation).

Like entering in for any offer or competition, if I did not meet the criteria, I would simply expect my application to be binned. I wouldn't expect them to go to the trouble of contacting me to tell me that I was inelligible.

Hence reading the t&c's before I apply for things (or applying later on other's behalf).
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:41 am

I am guilty of frequently skipping t&cs. But experience has taught me that BA promotions are rarely as simple as the marketing headline suggests. I now read them carefully before signing up and I bet OP will do the same.

Don't assume anything much with BA promotions.
DFWsakp likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
It says it all really - you forgot.

No need to try to offload your forgetfullness onto BA (or any other organisation).

Like entering in for any offer or competition, if I did not meet the criteria, I would simply expect my application to be binned. I wouldn't expect them to go to the trouble of contacting me to tell me that I was inelligible.

Hence reading the t&c's before I apply for things (or applying later on other's behalf).
It's not a paper application that I am sending in which can be binned.
And even if I was, I don't mind if the application was binned for me being ineligible (which to me is here - not enroll in the promotion). However, an Organization cannot let someone enroll in a promotion (i.e. accept their application and let the person complete the process after paying $10,000 USD for the tickets OR for example let the person win a contest and then tell him/her ... Ooops, we will not give you the award OR let you avail the promotion as you are not eligible and it was in the fine print.

Anyways, I have resolved this with BA satisfactorily and so have no further issues.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
subject to BA imposed non disclosure what was the resolution if I may ask?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
However, an Organization cannot let someone enroll in a promotion ....
Though, you’ve been around FT long enough to know that many organisations DO allow you to register for stuff you’re not necessarily entitled to under the T&Cs, and that much of FT is devoted to finding and exploiting promotions that folks can speculatively enrol themselves into in the hope that they might get a YMMV bonus payout.
alex67500 and BarneyMcGrew like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jun 11, 2019 at 3:26 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:08 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
A simple expectation is that if you are not eligibile then you should not be allowed to enter a promo when BA has the means to enforce the same.
You overestimate BA's IT capabilities...
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:32 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I got the bonus for a flight reserved before the bonus was announced, but issued after the bonus was in place and already registered
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
So the only bookings that will post 100% bonus are those made during the four week booking period specified, correct? I lose track of what was booked and when, so seems a number of my flights will be ineligible.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
So the only bookings that will post 100% bonus are those made during the four week booking period specified, correct? I lose track of what was booked and when, so seems a number of my flights will be ineligible.
Well yes on paper that’s how it should work, however there have been a few posts up thread that have had bonuses applied outside of the booking period. It seems BA IT is up to its usual random tricks but it’s hard to tell what is happening based on what’s been said here.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm sorry if the information is buried in the thread - I've scanned through it but I must have missed it.

How long after the "normal" Avios are posted should I get the 100% bonus? My onbusiness double points have posted as part of the usual transaction.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:23 pm

Mine posted 1-2 days later
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:19 am

I got mine posted at the same time my normal Avios & tier bonus posted
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:05 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
This served as a reminder that I had not seen any bonus Avios. So I checked back through the e-ticket email and only one booking was actually made during the period 21 Mar - 19 Apr and I haven’t flown it yet. The good part is that it is a Long Haul J class trip to the USA.

Is there any way that I can check that my registration actually went through?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.