Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Just got my double points for LCY-GLA return, booked a couple of weeks ago but I am sure I didn't register for the promo as thought at the time I had all my 2019 flights already sorted. Perhaps because these were via our corporate travel agency and they have somehow blanket registered? Nice surprise even if only an extra 250 per leg.
Old May 22, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
I was just reviewing the T&C's on this promotion after receiving a confirmation email from BA.

A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered. Members can receive 100% bonus Avios on up to six Qualifying Flights

I read this as a return flight i.e 2 sectors is a single Qualifying Flight.
So you could be receiving double Avios for 12 flights if you have 6 single legs with no change of planes e.g 6x LHR -> JFK
What's the deal if your 6 bookings are NCL -> JFK (via LHR) 2 sectors out, 2 sectors back?
Old May 22, 2019, 8:20 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Received email yesterday advising I had qualified for 2019 bonus that will post after 6th flight had been taken...I have not yet taken any of my flights booked during promotion.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by testycal
Received email yesterday advising I had qualified for 2019 bonus that will post after 6th flight had been taken...I have not yet taken any of my flights booked during promotion.
Exactly the same here. Seemed a bit random really.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
And here...
Old May 23, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
and me..
Old May 23, 2019, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by testycal
FWIW the exact wording on the email subject line was that you had 'unlocked' the bonus, rather than 'qualified for'.

Originally Posted by BA email
Thank you so much for taking part in our 100% bonus Avios offer and choosing to travel with us in our 100th year of flying.

Your 100% bonus Avios will be added to your account when you take each flight and because you've booked six or more trips, your 2019 bonus Avios will be added when you return home after your sixth flight.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:54 pm

I received the same email. However, I had flown all 6 and had everything posted by the 21st of April.
This included the 2019 bonus Avios which makes my email a bit irrelevant due to it being so late.
Nice of BA to acknowledge participation but they probably should have tailored the message.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Avios double points promo - Not available to folks younger than 18 years old

I had enrolled myself and kids in the BA Double Avios program.
We just completed a flight and found that the kids did not get the double miles.
Upon inquiring BA says that is because my kids are below 18 and they are not eligible for promo miles, but BA did allow my kids to be enrolled in the promotion after which i purchased the tickets.
Shouldn't BA have stopped me from enrolling my kids in the promo if they were not eligible? I got FC tickets for my kids assuming they will get the double miles. I would have probably not travelled BA if they were not eligible for the promotion.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
I happened to save a copy of the t&c's for this offer (in case there was a problem later - which there wasn't in my case):

The first t&c was:

Eligibility and Pre-registration

1. This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a British Airways (“BA”) Executive Club Member, aged 18 or over. BA reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants. By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Which seems pretty cut & dried if your offspring are under 18?

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Jun 10, 2019 at 3:01 am
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Who reads the entire fine print all the time?
Why would they let my kids enroll if my kids were not eligible?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Who reads the entire fine print all the time?
Clearly BarneyMcGrew does, not only that, but he kept a copy of them !
Apparently, you didn't read any of the fine print, as barneyMcGrew indicates the age exclusion was raised in the first point of the t&c.

Why would they let my kids enroll if my kids were not eligible?
A reasonable point, however I live in N.I. and find all too often competitions and promotions that in the small print exclude N.I. residents from winning, they don't prevent me from participating. Companies generally find it's much easier just to state exclusions in the T&C, rather than enforce them at the time of participation.

I got FC tickets for my kids assuming they will get the double miles. I would have probably not travelled BA if they were not eligible for the promotion.
If I was spending several thousands of pounds with a company solely on the basis of a promo, I'd be reading the t&c to ensure eligibility.

Last edited by tangey; Jun 10, 2019 at 3:38 am
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC silver
I’m sure there’s cheaper ways of getting a few thousand extra Avios than especially purchasing FC tickets on a promo.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Not sure about the details of this specific promotion, but it's generally only the base Avios which are doubled anyway. So, whether travelling Economy or First, the number of promotional Avios would be the same?

I agree that it is frustrating that U18s are not included - especially as their tickets are generally not any cheaper - but my bigger frustration tends to be that higher classes don't get any greater benefit from these promos.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Threads merged.

Who reads the entire fine print all the time ?
FWIW, this was one those where you did actually had to go and read at least some of the T&Cs, particularly clauses 2 and 3, to understand what it was about. The age restriction is clearly shown in clause 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.