Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Dammit. Just booked F return last week. Still, got a load coming up so never mind!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Bullswood
Ditto - something's not right (or is it for U.S. members only?)
The link posted above is from the US-version of the website. I can't see this (yet) on the main UK site. T&Cs indicate this is a global promotion though.
rockflyertalk and george77300 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The link posted above is from the US-version of the website. I can't see this (yet) on the main UK site. T&Cs indicate this is a global promotion though.
It seemed to work for me. US link, but UK based. Just got the “Thank-you MR xxxx xxxxx for registering.” Seemed to work although BA and their IT...

Hopefully should me good although looking like it will be a DUB-MAD in CE with positioning so perhaps not too many bonus for me.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:13 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
The wording of the 2019 bonus Avios for 6 flights seems a bit vague - is that 6 flights booked under the 100% Avios bonus and that you are registered for or just 6 flights in general.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
I had already sorted my first 1335 TP for the year. Guess it's time to sort the remaining 165 until November. Not going to be a very lucrative offer but that's still about a tenner off my next ET flights.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am sure it is the case, but TA booked tickets will be fine with this?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Question, if you have registered and then upgraded to Club Europe, will this go through a new booking and then apply to this promo?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:16 am
Original Poster

You’re welcome! I was surprised to find it as it seems to have been launched without any noise yesterday. I wonder if they were too busy trying to find the intern who uploaded ex-AMS fares and therefore forget to tell us about this promo!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PrivatePilotDR40
Question, if you have registered and then upgraded to Club Europe, will this go through a new booking and then apply to this promo?
I don’t know for sure, but an upgrade means a new ticket issued but the booking is still the same PNR so I would say no but I’m sure someone will give you a definitive answer.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

I don’t know for sure, but an upgrade means a new ticket issued but the booking is still the same PNR so I would say no but I’m sure someone will give you a definitive answer.
Okay thanks, not worse case if it does.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Extra 2,019 Avios available

If you complete the 6 qualifying flights there is also an extra 2,019 Avios bonus given.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:02 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Sorry for my stupid question. I have had a discussion about the t&c in a coffee break in the office with a colleague, She is about to book a flight from Germany on BA to Australia and the promo would come very handy.

(...)A Qualifying Flight is either a one-way (single sector) or a return flight (two sectors) between the point of departure and final destination with no scheduled change of aircraft that must be booked after the Member has registered.
(...)
"A qualifying flight" is singular, i.e. one flight.

One could read it, that LHR - SIN - LHR could be one flight, as the point of departure and the final destination is LHR - SIN are these two points. Otherwise the "return" would not make sense. So a return flight of two sectors is one flight. Her interpretation is, that return flight means round trip.

I am not convinced about her interpretation.

My interpretation would be, that LHR - SIN - LHR are two sectors. And the promo would be for a flight DUS - LHR - SYD - LHR - DUS with a would mean four out of six sectors / flights would be used.

Please tell me if I have made a mistake with my thinking, my colleague argues that the definition of "return flight" would otherwise make no sense, as a return flight consists always of two segments.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Sorry yes my browser was set to the US site but I’m 100% certain it is UK valid.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:41 am
Original Poster

@FLYGVA would this include an aircraft change? As this wouldn’t qualify.

But I also read it as a return flight qualifies as a straight forward return so e.g LHR to JFK to LHR. Or a single so LHR - JFK only.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:58 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
@FLYGVA would this include an aircraft change? As this wouldn’t qualify.

But I also read it as a return flight qualifies as a straight forward return so e.g LHR to JFK to LHR. Or a single so LHR - JFK only.
I think it would include an aircraft change in the case of my colleague.

You really think and immeadiate turnaround without aircraft change would count as one segment, i.e. LHR - DUS - LHR with the same flight flying back?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.