Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Register, book and travel before the end of our centenary year and you can collect 100% bonus Avios on all British Airways flights.
This offer also includes all domestic flights in the UK and within southern Africa, as well as British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair when you travel between Europe and North America.
For an extra treat in our 100th year of flying; if you complete six flights with us, or our partners, you will unlock an additional reward of 2019 bonus Avios.

Register before booking.
Book your flights between 21 March and 19 April 2019
Fly before 31 December 2019
Print Wikipost

BA100 promo : 100% Bonus Avios on 6 flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gms
Any thoughts on this scenario ...

I have flights on a 72 hour hold. I registered for this promotion after holding the flights. But then confirm the booking after registering. Will these flights be eligible for the promotion? I assume they will since the booking was not confirmed prior to registration. Or will BA's state of the art IT systems say otherwise?
I would also guess that it will be when the booking is confirmed with actual PNR. As long as you are registered this might be ok. It might be worth a call to make sure once you’ve confirmed the booking.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Email arrived! 23rd Mar

Old Mar 23, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
100% Avios Bonus Offer

Annoying it is only for flights booked AFTER registration...

I have 6 sectors starting next week and would have bagged me an extra 15k Avios 😢
stewaran and roy2016 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

I have 6 sectors starting next week and would have bagged me an extra 15k Avios 😢
i have 12 sectors tatl till end of year... i just dont underst as nd the rationale to penalize the early Booker.

i have no other time slot left to book new tatl flight..
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I really don’t get your logic that early booked are being penalised. You’re just not getting some bonus avios. Happens all the time with offers.

Im ‘missing out’ on some flights I booked in January but if I’d booked now the price would have doubled and I’d rather save hard cash than get some extra avios whose value is far less than the cash I’ve saved.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
i have 12 sectors tatl till end of year... i just dont underst as nd the rationale to penalize the early Booker.

i have no other time slot left to book new tatl flight..
I've been caught out on these offers from time to time and understand the frustration, but in reality Its simply more about incentivizing the yet to book rather than penalize anyone whose already in the system whose cash they have. I'm now trying to find a reason to book something so it works.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I liked last year short haul promo of 16K avios for 4 returns flights, where also pre-existing bookings where counted toward the bonus.

I already had three trips scheduled and booked another in order to obtain the bonus. If existing bookings were not valid, I wouldn't have booked 4 flights just for the bonus.
For this promo I already booked almost everything for the whole year and surely I will not book anything else before 19th April, but I understand the point about enticing people to book something with BA, scheduled or not.
roy2016 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

Maybe we should not worry about it now, it is too early still. With BA and its IT capability, I have a feeling that we will bag these extra avios eventually I hope. Then we will have another thread to discuss. If I recall, last year there was a promotion for extra avios similar to this offer, I registered after my flights were booked, and at the end I saw the extra avios were credited to my account after each flight as a nice surprise.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Just signed up for it this morning then got 1300 gbp return from Mex-Lhr-Cdg in CW. With silver, guessing total avios gain of 35000-40000 avios on that. Plus wife and stepson will pick up another 25 or so each. Not a bad return.
Curious to see what the extra bonus is for 6 flights
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The ‘treat’ is an extra 2019 avios as per the image in post 47 and the email in post 1 and several others.
rockflyertalk and TTmex like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The ‘treat’ is an extra 2019 avios as per the image in post 47.
Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
It is perfectly sensible for BA to incentivise further bookings rather than rewarding existing ones. That’s business. Some promotions don’t work for everyone.

However, it seems tacky to dress it up as a 2019 centenary reward when it’s nothing of the sort. “We wouldn't have achieved this remarkable milestone without you, so we're saying thank you with a special offer.” Except BA is only saying thank you if you book between March 23 and April 19! Just as a birthday gift should not be conditional, a sales promotion shouldn’t be passed off as a “thank you”.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm still getting the "you're already registered" thing.

Wouldn't have known anything about it if it wasn't for these forums as I've had only 3 emails since December from BA anyway. It's mentioned somewhere within my BAEC though, but that takes more effort to find than it should / ought to.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 12:43 pm

My wife had already registered too. Have contacted Twitter team
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
FINALLY got the e-mail, as did the OH. No use at all, as we're fully booked for the rest of 2019.

An Anniversary 100 Avios would have been the least I expected.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.