Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer from LH to BA in MUC - is 1h enough?

Transfer from LH to BA in MUC - is 1h enough?

Old Mar 20, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: EK Gold; UA *G; BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
If, as has been kindly recommended, I book the later flight and don't manage to change then this sounds an excellent option to pass the time - certainly better than the BA lounge!
On that note - there is no BA Lounge anymore, you will use now the Atlantic Lounge (or so) which is a Priority Pass lounge as well - still an upgrade to the old BA lounge though

TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Mar 20, 19, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
it is not uncommon for 'regional' jets (mostly Embraers) to dock at a gate in MUC, meaning that you may be saving some time.

G
Thanks. Will be a Bombadier CRJ 900... so that makes me think its a bus, although I would love to know with a better degree of certainty...
Old Mar 20, 19, 12:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
These are the ticket 'Fare Conditions' (I am yet to book...)
That sounds OK for SDC. Is it a Plus fare? Is it a simple single / return Club Europe return with no other sectors? Any other complications?
Old Mar 20, 19, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Duck1981 View Post
On that note - there is no BA Lounge anymore, you will use now the Atlantic Lounge (or so) which is a Priority Pass lounge as well - still an upgrade to the old BA lounge though
They call it Airport Lounge World. And yes, it's an upgrade to the old BA lounge. I believe there is or was an Atlantic lounge at MUC as well. Never used it, though.
Old Mar 20, 19, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by newflya View Post
They call it Airport Lounge World. And yes, it's an upgrade to the old BA lounge. I believe there is or was an Atlantic lounge at MUC as well. Never used it, though.
Yes it is highly confusing, to my mind, not least because for a short period BA's own MMB got it wrong. But the BA nominated lounge is now Airport Lounge World - which is on level 6 at Terminal 1B (best use the lifts).

The confusing bit is that there is also Airport Lounge Europe in the Schengen area of 1D (level 5) , which is by the transfer area. That's not available to BA passengers.

Both are OK for Priority Pass users and have nearly identical offerings.

I think the Atlantic lounge in C is now closed.
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Thereís a good Thai place (Bamee) at the B/C gates as you come up the escalator - all cooked to order! Itís our fave place before a flight. Just in case the lounge offering isnít that great!
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold; UA *G; BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium
Thanks. Will be a Bombadier CRJ 900... so that makes me think its a bus, although I would love to know with a better degree of certainty...
A Bombardier will be almost certainly parked somewhere on the apron, and if you have bad luck on a rather new regional plane stand very close to the Lufthansa maintance hangars (behind the general aviation hangars) giving you the pleasure of 15-20min planespotting in a bus.