Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BA Club Suite tracker : (When) Will I get the new CS seat on my flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
BA NEW CLUB SUITE, WILL I GET IT?

What with the arrival of BA's biggest change in business class for some decades, this thread is intended to ask the inevitable question that I am sure many will want to know the answer to, something along the lines of "I am travelling on XX Jan 2036 from Heathrow to Sydney, will I get the new business class seat?"

Please do ask if you are not sure if your flight will fly the seat or not, its safe to say the more info you provide the more accurate the answer will be.

Aircraft involved: A350-1000XWB (also known as A351 and A350-1000), B787-10 (also known as B781) and a limited number of B777-200ER (B772).

Planned flights with the new Club Suites (information as of 16 December 2019):

IN SERVICE
=========
MADRID ~ starting 06 AUGUST 2019
LHR > MAD ~ Flight no: BA464
MAD > LHR ~ Flight no: BA465

LHR > MAD ~ Flight no: BA456
MAD > LHR ~ Flight no: BA457
Note: this is far from guaranteed. On some days there may be an A350 or a B777, and the latter may or may not have CS. The service could also have a late switch to more convenional shorthaul equipment.

TORONTO YYZ ~ started 01 Oct. 2019

DUBAI DXB ~ started 02 Sep. 2019
Aircraft A351- BA109/BA108

(NEW YORK) JOHN F KENNEDY JFK ~ started 09 Oct. 2019
BA175/116 05SEP20 / 03OCT20 / 10OCT20 / 19OCT20 – 24OCT20
BA173/112 01AUG20 – 24OCT20
BA115/176 02SEP20 – 23OCT20 (Day x6)
BA113/114 16OCT20 / 17OCT20

FORTHCOMING
=============
ABU DHABI ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft 772

ABUJA ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft 772

ATLANTA ATL ~ starting Feb. 2020 (TBC)
Inaugural route for 787-10

AUSTIN AUS ~ starting 29 Mar. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft A351 -BA191/BA190

BAHRAIN BAH ~ starting Oct. 2020 (TBC)
(continues to Damman)

BANGALORE BLR ~ starting Jan. 2020
Aircraft B772 then A351 from 29 March.

BOSTON BOS ~ starting Apr. 2020
Aircraft 772 - BA215/BA214

DALLAS-FORT WORTH DFW ~ starting Apr. 2020

DAMMAN DMM ~ starting Oct. 2020 (TBC)
(continues to/from Bahrain)
Aircraft 772

GRAND CAYMAN GCM ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
(continues to/from Nassau service)
Aircraft 772

NASHVILLE BNA ~ starting 3 Sep. 2020 (TBC)
(limited dates only, also 11 June 2020)
Aircraft 781

NASSAU NAS ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
(continues to/from Grand Cayman service)
Aircraft 772

NEWARK EWR ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft 772

MOSCOW DME ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft 772

PHILADELPHIA PHL ~ starting Apr. 2020 (TBC)
Aircraft 351 BA67/BA66

SEATTLE SEA ~ starting Sep. 2020
Aircraft 772

TEL AVIV TLV ~ starting Jan. 2020
Aircraft A351 BA167/BA166

TOKYO NRT ~ starting July 2020
Aircraft 351 - note, not all services

WASHINGTON IAD ~ starting 29 Mar. 2020
Aircraft A351
Print Wikipost

FAQ : BA Club Suite tracker : (When) Will I get the new CS seat on my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
New York John F Kennedy gets new Club Suite

JFK will get the Club Suite on a refitted 777-200 (as per the thread LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards ) I would assume this is because of Virgin putting their seats on the JFK route too. BA would be foolish not to do the same on such a competitive and flagship route for both airlines.

This commences 27th Oct as the winter schedule kicks in.

I have updated the wiki with more about which flights will have the new seats. Please do point out or edit any errors or additions, or possible changes to make it more friendly or informative.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC - Blue :-(
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
JFK will get the Club Suite on a refitted 777-200 (as per the thread LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards ) I would assume this is because of Virgin putting their seats on the JFK route too. BA would be foolish not to do the same on such a competitive and flagship route for both airlines.

I have updated the wiki with more about which flights will have the new seats. Please do point out or edit any errors or additions, or possible changes to make it more friendly or informative.
This is brilliant news as my fiancé and I are booked on the 177 in late November flying to NYC for our wedding! I’d been hoping for F availability to UUA to open up but we can save the Avios for our honeymoon next year now-result! MMB is showing the new seat map so we just have to keep our fingers crossed for no delays to the retrofit or aircraft changes now.

T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.

Last edited by tinytraveller; Jul 18, 2019 at 11:11 am Reason: Wrong flight no entered!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
slightly off thread, but is the Toronto route on the 92/93?? I went through the booking process and the later flight says dreamliner and the earlier flight doesn't given an aircraft type

Thanks
It's the 1140 departure from LHR, I only have the AA flight number to hand, AA6207. I'm booked on this 28th October and seat plan in MMB is the A350.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Well thats great news, you could think of it as an early wedding present from BA
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:35 am

Any chance of it being brought forward to the 25th Oct when I’m booked to fly to JFK in CW?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Heard BOS will be getting a retrofitted 777 in Feb, Any idea which flight? I'm flying the 7:30 am to LHR (FL 238) in April and hoping to get the new seat.
Actually, I'm considering upgrading to first (seats are available) with avios but don't want to if we get the new seat.
Probably a dump question I asked the agent- if we upgrade then learn we get the new CS, can I down grade back to J.
Seems simple to me but I guess you can't. Would require a new booking or something and a lot fees.
What to do.....
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Heard BOS will be getting a retrofitted 777 in Feb, Any idea which flight? I'm flying the 7:30 am to LHR (FL 238) in April and hoping to get the new seat.
Actually, I'm considering upgrading to first (seats are available) with avios but don't want to if we get the new seat.
I'm not aware of a BOS switchover to CS, and the seat map on a random April date isn't showing that. If you "Upgrade Using Avios" from a revenue fare then you can cancel the UuA component and just lose $50 approx of the cash component. You would then be able to select a seat in Club World. If you are doing "Part pay with Avios" then you can't do this.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Probably a dump question I asked the agent- if we upgrade then learn we get the new CS, can I down grade back to J.
Seems simple to me but I guess you can't. Would require a new booking or something and a lot fees.
What to do.....

Are you able to say where, how or when you heard this? Maybe then we can give a more helpful response. I have only heard JFK getting a refitted 777 with the CS.

Albeit by Feb we could have 2 or 3 refitted 777s flying about.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:00 pm

There are few sites out there reporting this, This is one
https://thepointsguy.com/news/more-u...et-club-suite/

No specific flights yet so maybe it's just not know at this point.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm not aware of a BOS switchover to CS, and the seat map on a random April date isn't showing that. If you "Upgrade Using Avios" from a revenue fare then you can cancel the UuA component and just lose $50 approx of the cash component. You would then be able to select a seat in Club World. If you are doing "Part pay with Avios" then you can't do this.
Thank you. Good to know.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Actually they are specific flights, or rather specific aircraft projections of movements for the one aircraft involved. I'd be reaching for a large dollop of sodium on that one, and so your First booking maybe wise if you don't like the current Club World seat.
orbitmic and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

This info was posted on 23rd of July. It’s important to note that original or first hand info about the A350 changed within a few weeks. For example, the A350 to Dubai was planned to commence in October, this then changed to Sept.

Whilst there are sources that might suggest something is happening over there on DDMMYY, I would be sceptical and certainly not hedging a trip booking on it.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold

The 777 densification thread has vastly more detailed information on Club Suite roll-out than this thread does.

The 777 refurb info there is very detailed. Anyone mind if I add that into this wiki? Info such as how many 777s have been refitted and when the next ones are due in is much more useful, especially once they enter rotations and you can't definitively tell the seat layout based on the aircraft (as you can today with A350-only).
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:35 am

Are you able to say where, how or when you heard this? Maybe then we can give a more helpful response. I have only heard JFK getting a refitted 777 with the CS.

Albeit by Feb we could have 2 or 3 refitted 777s flying about.
Got a 2-4-1 that we are looking to book for September 202 and considered trying to book the 772 NYC flight with CS or just stick to 747..
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
useful thread.

I am always weary of playing with the wiki for fear of breaking it but should (i'll have a stab) update it to reflect that DXB has been moved to 2nd Sept from early Oct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.