Speculation on new F hard product

Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Admittedly true, my mind was on long haul F, though that was not what I wrote. I forgot to think about domestic US.

Added: But then again, the US based airlines are nickel and diming their passengers in domestic F at every step they can, except the seat. So why not also on WiFi.

​​​​​​
AA does not offer free wi-fi to F passengers on longhaul flights, though the price is something like $19 for a long flight which seems like a bargain compared to their pricing on some domestic flights with gogo without a subscription.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:21 am

xxxxx

Last edited by RB211; Mar 22, 2019 at 12:21 am Reason: Worked it out!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by email2markt
A bit more space for a jacket / coat would be good. Some privacy for changing into pjs, but above all a much bigger bathroom. It's so strange that first class has an economy bathroom, it messes with my head.
A bathroom !! I like the Emirates showers , but a nice long soak sounds really good on a long flight
toothy, JAXBA and DoctorCopper like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I would love a golf buggy cart service to reach B and C gates at least - or a limo (same applies to T5-T3 transfers)
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
A bathroom !! I like the Emirates showers , but a nice long soak sounds really good on a long flight
It would certainly be fun in turbulence. Splash splash
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:45 am

The only thing I would love them to solve in F is light pollution. In a darkened cabin with those huge screens all going, it is not only bright but colourful and flashing. Eye masks might work but I don't like them.
Actually I would also like a place to change my clothes.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:50 am
Original Poster

I do like the BA A380 J bathrooms for their size. Wish more F bathrooms could be like that (though admittedly not flown BA F on the A380).
DrLibra likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by PheonicianTrader
Actually I would also like a place to change my clothes.
Nip upstairs to the absolutely humongous forward J bathrooms.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
CX has larger bathrooms in F (on 777s too), just do that. Put decent clothes hook/hanger in it so it is easy to hang up clothes (not drape them over the sink area or the toilet) when changing in and out of the pyjamas, and the bathrooms big enough to change easily.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:24 am

Yes it is very odd to fly in First and be confronted with tiny toilets that you cannot move in. Bizarre
DrLibra likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I like the 789 F seat but the quality of the trim is poor and takes away from the fact this is BA's top product.

I like the 380 F seat in terms of spaciousness, but as others have noted it is essentially 777/747 F with more room and this to me feels like it is not making the most of the space available.

Not a fan of 747 F - haven't ever done row 1 but the 'middle seats' experience is not a super premium one regardless of whether you are in Row 4 or 5

Nothing against 777 F...

Summary - An evolution of the 789F seat (including actually using premium materials so it doesn't break ridiculously easily) that is adapted to its environment and makes best use of the space in other cabins would suit me just fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.