Wiki Posts
Search

A small token of our appreciation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Ned1968
Thanks for reporting back BillyBleach

That's about 480,000 miles in case anyone was wondering
Very nice indeed. I have flown way more miles than that on BA so should assume mine is in the post

Can't see that being the only criteria.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lavajava
Very nice indeed. I have flown way more miles than that on BA so should assume mine is in the post

Can't see that being the only criteria.
Snap - was thinking exactly the same!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:23 pm

That’s a rather nice gift! Definitely not in the running for one myself, so thank you for those who have given us a glimpse
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ned1968
That's about 480,000 miles in case anyone was wondering
I guess they are using the mileage from My Flightpath, which is within BAEC members' My Executive Club, and this indeed seems to be based on 240k miles one way to the moon, so 480k return.
Ned1968 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:36 pm

Sadly none available on eBay... yet
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Given a personal interest in this (see attached with an additional 12000 miles in the next fortnight) is the trigger based on hitting 480K miles or is it a one-time thing based on 480K miles plus some BA random factor?

Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:14 pm

Hmh. Perhaps I could get a little less than a tenth of a hamper? Maybe some straw?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
My flightpath says I'm on 600k .... I don't care about the rest of the stuff but I REALLY would like one of those cheeseboards (don't mind paying for it either) - thoughts on how to do this? [short of a grovelling email to the GGL team]
bermudasun likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
Given a personal interest in this (see attached with an additional 12000 miles in the next fortnight) is the trigger based on hitting 480K miles or is it a one-time thing based on 480K miles plus some BA random factor?

On the letter I received they had taken my mileage snapshot at 477,710.

And it does seem I might have been a lucky one to be trailing a new reward system, as the letter states "We're trying something new, and you're very much a part of it. If you'd be kind enough to take a few moments and let us know what you think of your gift, we'd love to hear from you..."
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
On the letter I received they had taken my mileage snapshot at 477,710.

And it does seem I might have been a lucky one to be trailing a new reward system, as the letter states "We're trying something new, and you're very much a part of it. If you'd be kind enough to take a few moments and let us know what you think of your gift, we'd love to hear from you..."
Well looks like I will have to beg via the BA social media team when I get back from my next journey. CHEEEEEEESE!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am close to that threshold on BA counter on flypath. Interestingly, flypath shows BA flights I credited elsewhere as well!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
522k for me, so no cheese... Wonder if they have any other milestones in mind, such as 1,000 BA flights or number of countries etc
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
I have my moon ulitamte explorer badge on my flightpath, So hopefully that is enough, as im well short of the 480K
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by alexwuk
My flightpath says I'm on 600k .... I don't care about the rest of the stuff but I REALLY would like one of those cheeseboards (don't mind paying for it either) - thoughts on how to do this? [short of a grovelling email to the GGL team]
Somewhat off topic, but if you have access to a laser cutter then etching into flat wooden things is relatively easy. Wouldn't be official, of course, but you could customise it. See Etsy for some examples.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Up until a couple of weeks ago I would have had to have declined this, due to MiFID2 regulations or at least my ex employers interpretation of them. Now that I only come under SEC regulations I can gladly accept (You hear that BA?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.