Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by BAEC
Hi Moderators

I don’t want this thread to be taken over by the incident I had on the Press Flight with the obnoxious attitude of one of the Press towards a paying passenger.

Please archive relevant comments. I will speak to BA direct about my concerns about this Press Individuals behaviour towards a paying status passenger on board the flight.

Lets get this thread back on topic.

Thanks
BAEC
Done. See Reactions to BA's new A350 from elsewhere on the internet

Happy to help.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
BAEC likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
How many A350 threads are we up to now?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Prospero
Done. See Reactions to BA's new A350 from elsewhere on the internet

Happy to help.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Many Thanks

Edit: Have fun on the A350 Party Plane 👍
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
In other news, G-XWBB was spotted off the assembly line yesterday, under her own power.

https://aibfamily.flights/A350/340
rockflyertalk and opus99 like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Thanks for the review and thoughts on the A350. When you say no real upgrade? (My bolding) What upgrade or which comparison are you making/referring to?
I should perhaps be a bit more balanced with what I’m saying. I was comparing with the most recent generation (upgraded 747s). The increased screen size is a positive but not being very technical I will use layman’s terms. I would expect the touch screen on the main screen and handset to handle like a mobile phone/iPhone - smooth and responsive, I found it more like an self check in kiosk, needed prodding and moving around the moving map was slow and imprecise. I found the lack of any interactivity a shame, particularly the lack of access to tail and undercarriage cams. I watched one movie and found it to be in standard definition. Overall I felt content wise it was the same as the 744 upgrades but with different menu graphics.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
Good morning all, I think I've chosen the right place to share my experiences from my two flights on Wednesday & Thursday.

I was sat in 11K on Wednesday evenings 464 to Madrid, and 2K on Thursday mornings 457 flight back to London.
  • The A350 is a fabulous aircraft. It has a real premium feel about it, huge overhead bins and it is oh so silent.
  • The club suite is a huge improvement over what went before. The feeling extra space is much appreciated, although you'll still need the overhead bins for some things. The pillows cannot be stored on the footrest for takeoff and landing, and the bottle holder space cannot be used then either. I struggled to find somewhere to put my Bose QC35s, and stash the BA offered headphones in the seat area. However obviously this is still a huge improvement from before.
  • The table design is excellent, in fact I found it the most useful table to eat off I think of all my recent flights, AA77W, AA A330, QR 787, QR 350 (Q Suite & non Q suite), thankgs to its sloping rail allowing for a varied height adjustment.
  • I expected to feel further away from the windows than I did. It was very easy to look out of them without leaning forward (which is difficult to do while wearing the shoulder harness).
  • I really liked the grey carpet like finishes of the inside of the suite, it's a very simple finish but looks excellent.
  • I found a really comfortable sitting position which would be great on a longer flight, the seat is very comfortable and the adjustable leg rest is appreciated as I couldn't reach the footrest when seated.
  • In bed mode, the fixed armrest did make the seat feel narrow at the shoulders, with both shoulders making contact with the sides of the seat.
  • The plastics in the footwell look very flimsy, and I fear they may get broken very quickly.
  • As mentioned in iTripReports video, the door seems superfluous. The seat on its own is very private and the door doesn't seem to add a lot more. On the outbound flight 10Ks door refused to lock shut and varying members crew spend a good 5 minutes trying to secure it. I understand if it cant be secured the seat cannot be used, so hopefully that doesn't occur too frequently in future.
  • It's a shame that the electronic window blinds were not specified, as that would help add to the premium feel that BA have going in this cabin.
  • 11K has a reduced overhead bin, as most of it is dedicated to emergency equipment.
The crew were excellent on both flights, clearly enjoying the product they now have available to deliver.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I spoke to crew members about to work on the training flights during my travels last week, and they were evidently very proud and excited about the introduction. Very nice to see.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Why where BA cheap and didn't pay for electronic blinds and tail camera?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by GodAtum
the camera would’ve been a nice add. The blinds too but even Qatar also stopped paying for those.
In my honest opinion I think BA has been anything but cheap for this club suite. People should give credit when due to be honest
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:56 am

I don’t think there are electronic blinds on most 350s around besides some early series for QR in Business. As for the tail cam, because they were cheap.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by GodAtum
the aircraft DOES have a tailcam - the pilots have it in the cockpit. But it doesn’t seem to be connected to the IFE and it’s not clear if it will be or not
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by 13901
I don’t think there are electronic blinds on most 350s around besides some early series for QR in Business. As for the tail cam, because they were cheap.
No electronic blinds in business on the Cathay A359s I've flown on. As for the tail cam, maybe it will come with an IFE update? As has been posted, the hardware is installed.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
B/E Aerospace

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the base seat looks like a B/E Aerospace Reverse Herringbone as seen on AA and others like Hong Kong Airlines...flew one last week. The side storage, table, entertainment etc are all standard. So it appears BA has added a door and looks like a headphone cupboard where HX has a mag rack. Are there any other variations on the BA suite other than the door? Not knocking it as I haven't flown it yet and it's a decent seat but it's interested to see BA to go for a pretty much off the shelf seat + door. Am I missing anything different compared to other operators of this same seat?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by marcusm1
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but the base seat looks like a B/E Aerospace Reverse Herringbone as seen on AA and others like Hong Kong Airlines...flew one last week. The side storage, table, entertainment etc are all standard. So it appears BA has added a door and looks like a headphone cupboard where HX has a mag rack. Are there any other variations on the BA suite other than the door? Not knocking it as I haven't flown it yet and it's a decent seat but it's interested to see BA to go for a pretty much off the shelf seat + door. Am I missing anything different compared to other operators of this same seat?
the table is not standard at all. Custom made to BAs specification. Storage apparently is much better on BAs as well
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by marcusm1
Different table position
Different table hinge (well it's covered)
Different seat position for TTOL (far more comfortable)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.