Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 21, 4:04 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Wiki Link
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 1, 20, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA & VS
Originally Posted by NRGsaver View Post
I'm booked on BA 105 to Dubai in J. Could anyone please tell me whether at Dubai the airbridge comes to door 1 or door 2?
Both doors were used a few days ago with door 1 opening about 5 mins before door 2.
Old Mar 2, 20, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Just did my first A350 BA flight to and from DXB, and found it a pleasant ride. However one thing I noticed was that I was unable to put together my own audio playlist. I initially assumed that it was simply me being a total cretin on the outbound, but I had the same issue again on the inbound. I simply could not figure out how to create my own playlist. If this is the case, then it's a shame, because I really liked that feature and it's something that I've seen on all other entertainment systems on BA- even the crappy old ones. I know it's probably quite niche and most people don't care one way or the other, but it would be a downgrade from my perspective.
Old Apr 9, 20, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Although Toronto was supposed to lose the 350 at the end of March BA is still flying it here daily as BA99F which I assume is strictly freight as the flight is cancelled to passengers. Would these flights also be used to continue training more flight crew on the aircraft?
Old Apr 9, 20, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post
Although Toronto was supposed to lose the 350 at the end of March BA is still flying it here daily as BA99F which I assume is strictly freight as the flight is cancelled to passengers. Would these flights also be used to continue training more flight crew on the aircraft?
For the last three days, BA was operating the 788 to YYZ. They are not flying the A350 to YYZ anymore.
Old Apr 9, 20, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer View Post
For the last three days, BA was operating the 788 to YYZ. They are not flying the A350 to YYZ anymore.
Thanks. Yes I see now that the A350 stopped after Sunday. Although the schedule changes published earlier this week showed it appearing again after Apr.18. Not that those flights will be operating. Our PM has basically told us today we could be in lockdown until early 2021
Old Apr 9, 20, 12:30 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Gold
Belfast suspended from next week, rumours in Belfast that it isn’t coming back (mooted following the Aspire takeover of BA’s Executive Lounge at Belfast City)... although BA selling flights on the route from 1 MAY. EI services not shown on BA website though...
Old Apr 9, 20, 12:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A View Post
Our PM has basically told us today we could be in lockdown until early 2021
Better stay safe than sorry. Your PM Mr. Trudeau is a wise guy and he knows how to handle such situation professionally and rationally.
becks1 likes this.
Old May 17, 20, 7:45 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Right before travel restrictions stopped me from travelling around I had a chance to fly both BA and VS brand new A350s. Michele from Turning Left For Less blog was kind enough to let me post my comparison review, hope you'll enjoy reading it.

Review is split in two parts:
Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite with new tables vs BA Club Suite review – Part 1 – does the new tray table solve Virgin’s problem?
Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Suite vs BA Club Suite review – Part 2
SpeedbirdLHR, ISTFlyer and opus99 like this.
Old Aug 17, 20, 1:14 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
It's been a while since the last updates, but I checked the aibfamily site on a whim just now.

G-XWBF (MSN 402) delivered on 20 May
G-XWBG (MSN 432) second flight 14 August
G-XWBH (MSN 446) still on production line?
Old Aug 18, 20, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peter h View Post
It's been a while since the last updates, but I checked the aibfamily site on a whim just now.

G-XWBF (MSN 402) delivered on 20 May
G-XWBG (MSN 432) second flight 14 August
G-XWBH (MSN 446) still on production line?
Thanks and sorry, peter h, I've been updating on:
BA fleet: confirmed information on aircraft deliveries, refurbishment and retirements
Funny, I'm also peter h with a platinum qantas card!!!
Old Dec 7, 20, 8:05 am
Suspended

Do BA use door 1L or 2L or both?
Old Dec 7, 20, 8:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravelNew View Post
Do BA use door 1L or 2L or both?
2L at Heathrow, 1L where local circumstances require this. I can't recall both being used, which did happen on A380s and occasionally 747s.
TravelNew likes this.
Old Dec 8, 20, 4:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
I remember both 1L and 2L being used at MAD during the initial training flights.
BA6501 and george77300 like this.
Old Dec 10, 20, 2:54 pm

Programs: American, BA, United,Marriott
Aircraft Change

I was booked late September 2021 Phoenix to Heathrow in First. I received an email notifying me that the flight had been cancelled only to find out that BA has put the A350-1000 on the route therefore no First on the flight. After some research it looks as though this is a seasonal switch from the 777 to the 350. I am now thinking of rebooking and take the Club World on the outbound and F on the return after the W21 switches back to the 777. Two questions. First, BA Routesonline had been a great source of this kind of aircraft change information however it appears that it has not updated for some time, certainly not with this news. Is there another source for this kind of route/aircraft change information? (Another Flyertalk thread?) Second question, Is there a preferred Club World seat on the 350? I see a small section with only 3 rows but have read it can be noisy. We both prefer window seats as well. Any insight or re-direction to my questions would be appreciated.
Old Dec 10, 20, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1stClassFan View Post
I was booked late September 2021 Phoenix to Heathrow in First. I received an email notifying me that the flight had been cancelled only to find out that BA has put the A350-1000 on the route therefore no First on the flight. After some research it looks as though this is a seasonal switch from the 777 to the 350. I am now thinking of rebooking and take the Club World on the outbound and F on the return after the W21 switches back to the 777. Two questions. First, BA Routesonline had been a great source of this kind of aircraft change information however it appears that it has not updated for some time, certainly not with this news. Is there another source for this kind of route/aircraft change information? (Another Flyertalk thread?) Second question, Is there a preferred Club World seat on the 350? I see a small section with only 3 rows but have read it can be noisy. We both prefer window seats as well. Any insight or re-direction to my questions would be appreciated.
Relying on a specific aircraft type 10 months out isn't usually advised. But in the current environment it's difficult to rely on specific flights operating 10 weeks out and sometimes 10 days out can be iffy!

The wiki at the top of this page says this: "Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html" amongst other things!

rb211.

Search this Thread