Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
the 'seat' itself is a downgrade for me on current CW
I disagree with your conclusion. I tried the new Club Suite last week on a LHR to DXB flight and after crossing the pond on the CW seat on a A380. Frankly speaking, the Club Suite is a great upgrade and I really think it is now worth the money.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I disagree with your conclusion. I tried the new Club Suite last week on a LHR to DXB flight and after crossing the pond on the CW seat on a A380. Frankly speaking, the Club Suite is a great upgrade and I really think it is now worth the money.
Im sure overall the experience is much better, at least I hope so. For many though, sleeping with a foot coffin, will be downgrade on trad CW..., which is where for me the seat shines, as a bed.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Had DXB - LHR on Monday:
Seat was 2A for me, I really like the new layout out, privace feels much improved. I agree with some others that the door might not necessarily be needed as views to other seats are already limited due to the shape of the suite wall.
The doors seem already to cause some issues they needed 3 people to bring 2E's door into the "closed" postion. Wonder how this will develop over time...
When looking backwards the cabin really looks huge, not really like a cozy cabin.
As I was very tired I skipped the food service and only requested a drink with the intial pre-food run.
This took almost an hour to materialize. On such a short night flight with late departure (1:50 AM), I was not really impressed.
I also find the toilet situation not ideal, especially the one washroom near the cockpit is a real bottle neck. No space to queue and mainly during post-meal time or close to landing you are in the middle of the busy crew who is cleaning up the galley.
The 2 washrooms in the back also had long queues, especially pre-landing.
The aircraft itself is a joy to fly, very quiet, still one of my favorites.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 7:37 am

I flew the A350 on Friday 13th to Dubai in Club. Aircraft is a looker, club suite is great, entertainment system responsive and vast however, service still needs
to be worked out. We were seated in the mini club cabin at the rear as we needed a bassinet for our youngest. It took 4 hours to complete the meal service which on a 6.5 hour flight I feel is a tad long.

Crew were very apologetic and not really their fault as they are having to manage everything from the front or rear galleys. It seems Airbus or BA in my view have made a gaff by not having a useable galley at doors 2L/R like the 777.

One other thing we noticed were the number of people from WT+ who were utilising the club toilets and even the club kitchen.

Overall great aircraft in need of some service adjustments.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Im sure overall the experience is much better, at least I hope so. For many though, sleeping with a foot coffin, will be downgrade on trad CW..., which is where for me the seat shines, as a bed.
When you do fly in the new seat, you will notice that the "coffin" is actually much bigger than the pictures show.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scotx3
Crew were very apologetic and not really their fault as they are having to manage everything from the front or rear galleys. It seems Airbus or BA in my view have made a gaff by not having a useable galley at doors 2L/R like the 777.
It was a commercial decision by BA - to allow more seats.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:01 am

Bar having your legs under the telly and your feet in a tightish foot coffin...

I've not been in new CW yet, I much prefer old CW in bed mode than the Cirrus seats I've tried, where I have to put my feet in a box. Current BA F is a world away from the cirrus seats for sleeping.

The one thing where I think new CW competes more closely with BA F is the available service space around the seat, the 'seat' itself is a downgrade for me on current CW
I see your point but I hope you appreciate it's a question of taste. To be frank, I'm a peasant when it comes to these sort of things: if I'm tired I sleep, no matter where. If not, I'm awake. I've snored my way through the Kazakh steppe on a 6-seat plazkart and almost lied awake for the entire journey on a SCL-LHR flight in First...
jonkx likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by alex67500
When you do fly in the new seat, you will notice that the "coffin" is actually much bigger than the pictures show.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by 13901
I see your point but I hope you appreciate it's a question of taste. To be frank, I'm a peasant when it comes to these sort of things: if I'm tired I sleep, no matter where. If not, I'm awake. I've snored my way through the Kazakh steppe on a 6-seat plazkart and almost lied awake for the entire journey on a SCL-LHR flight in First...
Oh yes, it was very much “IME/O”

I’m sure I’ll enjoy the CWS seat, I have no huge issue with similar equivalents, I just don’t think it will hugely erode F bookings as people don’t just choose F for a slightly bigger ‘seat’
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:07 am

I recently flew the A350 to/from DXB. I won’t go into detail on the new cabin and seat generally as a lot has already been said. However, a few points that I noticed:

@corporatewageslave I agree that the vibrations in row 16 are an issue. If you sleep on your side, so with your ear on the pillow, this is really noticeable. I would avoid this row on my next night flight. During the day flight, it was not an issue, and the mini cabin would be my preferred location as it is very quiet and gives closer access to two of the bathrooms.

The seats are already showing some wear and tear. One of the buttons that opens the personal storage area in the seat had come off; there were lots of scuff marks around the seat; the motor that moved the seat was extremely loud and didn’t sound right (which the CSM confirmed was the case). The seat was also really dirty, but that’s not a problem with the seat per se. Several of the suite doors took a good couple of minutes for the crew to unlock.

There is a large 2-inch gap between the two parts of the seat when in bed mode. I found this to be really uncomfortable. I overheard two other people asking the CSM if this was normal. Apparently it is. I don’t recall noticing this on the equivalent AA seat.

Overall I thought the cabin is an improvement, but I was generally just a bit underwhelmed.

Last edited by bigmerv; Sep 23, 2019 at 3:37 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by bigmerv
I recently flew the A350 to/from DXB. I won’t go into detail on the new cabin and seat generally as a lot has already been said. However, a few points that I noticed:

@corporatewageslave I agree that the vibrations in row 16 are an issue. If you sleep on your side, so with your ear on the pillow, this is really noticeable. I would avoid this row on my next night flight. During the day flight, it was not an issue, and the mini cabin would be my preferred location as it is very quiet and gives closer access to two of the bathrooms.

The seats are already showing some wear and tear. One of the buttons that opens the personal storage area in the seat had come off; there were lots of scuff marks around the seat; the motor that moved the seat was extremely loud and didn’t sound right (which the CSM confirmed was the case). The seat was also really dirty, but that’s not a problem with the seat per se. Several of the suite doors took a good couple of minutes for the crew to unlock.

There is a large 2-inch gap between the two parts of the seat when in bed mode. I found this to be really uncomfortable. I overheard two other people asking the CSM if this was normal. Apparently it is. I don’t recall noticing this on the equivalent AA seat.

Overall I thought the cabin is an improvement, but I was generally just a bit underwhelmed.
I believe they’re a lot of teething problems that they need to address with the product, especially as it’s the first one to go into commercial service. I expect they would address some of these points in subsequent deliveries
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question G-xwbb

When is the frame due to do its first revenue flight. Will it debut on the first Lhr/ yyz flight on 1 Oct?.

i am on Ba92 yyz to Lhr on 6 Oct so hoping for this aircraft.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
WBB

Looks like WBB will be doing the BA107 to DXB on 28th Sep.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by AW73
Looks like WBB will be doing the BA107 to DXB on 28th Sep.
Indeed - en-route at the moment.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
TLV Sep 2020

Hi all, I have a Lloyds Avios voucher expiring today and thought I'd book club return to Tel Aviv in Sep 2020. I notice the A350 doesn't appear on the schedule though, only the A321 and the 777. Does anyone know if it's likely this is just because it hasn't been updated yet? Thanks, D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.