Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Kruisler
Now seeing the initial problem again..

don’t worry it’s not you. BA is yet to update aircraft types to the A350 after March 29th 2020 (on all A350 routes). The update should come soon
rockflyertalk and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:43 am

G-XWBB currently on its first flight
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue
I got to try WT and the Club Suite last night. Overall, a positive experience and an interesting sign of things to come.

World Traveller
The cabin, at first glance, is spacious and bright. The white cabin with blue seats are pleasing to look at and make it feel roomier than it actually is. The seats are small, there’s absolutely no denying it. If you’ve got more than a 36” waist, you may struggle. While comfy looking, I could feel the underside of the seat on my backside after 90mins.

The upside is that the legroom is among the best of any long haul offering around. Under seat storage is lacking, you can get small to medium size rucksacks under there, but that is it. Luckily, the overhead bins are roomy.

I was in 35A, which only has a window very far forward. You do need to lean ahead to properly see out. The seats in row 35 don’t recline, as they’re ahead of a bulkhead. Below the seat, you’ve got two universal sockets between the three seats in addition to the USB port on the IFE.

Speaking of the IFE, it’s pretty decent - there’s the usual decent selection, and the screen is bright and responsive. I didn’t use it much, but the homepage is useful - it shows your speed, altitude, distance travelled, time to destination and whether WiFi is available.

Club suite
This is a revelation, really. Seats that face forward and point at the window, surely not from BA? There’s plenty of storage around the seat, my only complaint is that these are quite shallow and need to be secured for taxi, take off and landing. Leg room is superior to the current Club offering, and you can also store a bag (and a fair sized one at that) below your footrest at all stages of flight. Annoyingly, there’s a cubby hole for a water bottle beside your seat that has to be empty for taxi, take of and landing.

The seat itself is exceptionally comfortable and intuitive to use. It looks the part, with plenty of attention to detail in the design. The seatbelt is a three-point affair, but the shoulder strap is only needed when the seatbelt signs are on - it’s not hugely clear how to attach or detach this part at first.

The IFE screen is pretty damn big, and comes with a controller in one of the cubby holes. You can use the controller for games (it even has XYAB buttons) and watch the moving map on while enjoying a show or movie on the larger screen.

WiFi
It’s not ideal and symptomatic of IAG’s desire to eke every last penny out of everything possible. You can’t pay for time or speed anymore, only data. 50mb is £4.99, 75mb is £11.99, 150mb is £17.99.

On my outward flight, the 150mb lasted the entire journey. On the way back, I chanced it with the 75mb and ran out after 45mins. I purchased another 75mb which bizarrely ran out after only 10mins and next to no browsing, I tried again and the same thing happened - this was despite all background app refreshes disabled and data-intensive apps being closed. I’ll be submitting a refund request for these.

In terms of speed, it was pretty reasonable. It was clear my speeds were being throttled at points, with even images on Twitter struggling to load occasionally. Videos were watchable, but took dial-up lengths of time to load.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by opus99
G-XWBB currently on its first flight
You can follow subsequent flights here: https://aibfamily.flights/A350/340 - or on FlightRadar24 using the Airbus test reg - F-WZFS
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Looks great but I wish BA had gone like AY and their 359 and put 2 lavs at the front. Looks like an even worse situation than the F cabin on the 789 where if you are on the right side of the plane you have to walk through the crew working in the galley and still have no idea if the toilet is in use until you get there. Definitely will be sticking to the A seats if seated in the first few rows. Also love that moving map that is the same as AY but no external cameras is disappointing
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:12 am

i might be overthinking it. But BA has change the number in fleet of the A350 from “1(17 on order)” to “currently being rolled out in fleet (17 by 2022)” I feel like this is a sign that they’re taking on more A350s. I don’t know. Hopefully!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by opus99
I might be overthinking it. But BA has change the number in fleet of the A350 from “1(17 on order)” to “currently being rolled out in fleet (17 by 2022)” I feel like this is a sign that they’re taking on more A350s. I don’t know. Hopefully!
Is that from the website? It might be more to do with not wanting to update the information each time another aircraft is delivered. Not that that should be too onerous a task!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by TedToToe

Is that from the website? It might be more to do with not wanting to update the information each time another aircraft is delivered. Not that that should be too onerous a task!
I figured! But that’s how they usually just update it as more come. But still hoping!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Was sat over the wing twice today. Is the buffering and vibration at 40,000ft normal?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I thought I'd share this cautionary note about the WT+ seats. Treat this a semi-speculative as I sampled three seats only very briefly yesterday while on-board the BA465 MAD-LHR. Overall, the seat is very comfortable and has a good recline. However, I'd be somewhat wary selecting a window seat. Unlike the 747, 777, 787, and A380 which all have a decent gap between the seat and cabin wall, the A350 window seats are positioned tightly against the wall, with not much of a gap to speak of. So if you are broad shouldered, this may be an issue. I sat in 22A very briefly and was bothered by the close proximity of my left shoulder and the wall.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:51 am

Airlineroute have reported that an A350 will be flying to Madrid between the 1st and 7th October.

Great_circle likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Cabin crew yesterday said Oct flights had been scrapped.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Schind
Airlineroute have reported that an A350 will be flying to Madrid between the 1st and 7th October.
https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/sta...97839373697024
Yes, booked MAD-LHR early October in the Club suite :-)
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
G-XWBB had her second flight today as F-WZFS. WBA had three before her first customer acceptance flight. It's getting closer!
opus99 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by peter h
G-XWBB had her second flight today as F-WZFS. WBA had three before her first customer acceptance flight. It's getting closer!
probably CAF next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.