Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by 13901

I get your point but in their defence - assuming things went the way I said, which is just my 2p’s worth based on my experience - those guys do a good job in separating the wheat from the chaff and in ensuring that BA gets the best bang for its buck... if they gave free reign to us nerds we’d have bankrupted the airline six times over. Given half a chance, for instance, I certainly would’ve implemented a Fanfare Ciocarlia-like brass band in the airport.
My earlier response was perhaps a bit mean for which I apologise. I am sure the BA Finance team do a great job (as does every other BA department) and of course justifying the spend is what they should be doing but choosing not to enable a feature when the competition already has it seems counter-intuitive. I am sure BA has costed this and decided that it wasn't worth doing.

But, it's not always about improving revenue or cutting costs, there is an element of contribution that comes from improved customer experience which is the point of introducing the new Club Suite. BA is doing a bit of catching up having set the standard years ago introducing flat beds before anyone else.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by avon75
Am i the only one not impressed by the A350 ? To me, it’s the worst of both worlds (A380 and 789).

CW seats look fine, but with 56 in the cabin that’ll translate to what’s bound to be slow service and for the latter half of the cabin - increased likelihood of not getting their first choice on the menu.
The rear CW sounds like a nice idea, until you realize you are the last to be served and then....realize you could potentially be in a baby containment area - bye bye cozy privacy !
On the Plus side, at least the planes are new, so less likely to have seats full of crumbs or stained and worn carpets.
Nope I agree with you but for different reasons. The new Club World Suites look as bad as I expected.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I think this talk of BA set the standard and now they’re catching up talk is getting old. Catching up to to who? And don’t mention The ME3 or Asian carriers because in all honesty it’s not a fair comparison nor is it that ignificant to BAs model. Given that after that the states accounts for almost half of their revenue. Their true competition is the European carriers and American carriers. This product is the best product any EU carrier has to offer right now. I mean look at LH or AFs on their 77Ws and a330 older seats or even KLMs seats. All those ME3s are backed heavily by governments who can allow them spend crazily and design crazy seats. Secondly LHR is EXTREMELY expensive to operate out of and competition has grown immensely both on short and long haul in the EU. Everyone has an off the shelf product in the EU. Nobody has anything custom made from scratch. BA has investors they have to make returns for at the same time. Plus. Had they done a brand new bespoke seat it would’ve come in 2022 and I don’t think many of you were willing to wait that long. And by the end of 2021 it’s going to be hard to not have a club suite product on your route if the retrofit goes as planned. I think putting it into perspective BA really has something here. The product is good enough for majority of people to say. (Leisure travellers) “You know what I’d much rather go BA direct to Asia than have to stop in the desert” and they’ll see lost customers coming back into their routes to the east. Especially since Cathay is doing a bit of cost-cutting
TedToToe likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Opus99, you're right this new seat is the best on offer by a European airline. I welcome it. But it's only just being introduced and it will take until 2023 to become standard across the fleet. Meanwhile Finnair, AA, United, Delta and even Iberia all have similar seats on routes across the Atlantic and have done for a few years. Cathay Pacific and the ME3 have all offered 1-2-1 seats for a while going east. That's 5 OW carriers and *Alliance and one Skyteam airline (2 with Virgin only slightly behind BA with its own A350) that offer better seats than the old CW product. We can argue about the unfairness of state backing and unlimited funds access but it really is a case of BA catching up. Still good on BA for doing it now.
opus99 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by opus99
............. And by the end of 2021 it’s going to be hard to not have a club suite product on your route if the retrofit goes as planned. I think putting it into perspective BA really has something here. The product is good enough for majority of people to say. (Leisure travellers) “You know what I’d much rather go BA direct to Asia than have to stop in the desert” and they’ll see lost customers coming back into their routes to the east. Especially since Cathay is doing a bit of cost-cutting
I’m not sure whether your optimism in terms of rollout will prove vindicated, but of course time alone will tell. AFAIK there are around 130 plus (?) long-haul a/c in the fleet and personally I would be very surprised if they all offer a new CW suite by the end of 2021.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by subject2load

I’m not sure whether your optimism in terms of rollout will prove vindicated, but of course time alone will tell. AFAIK there are around 130 plus (?) long-haul a/c in the fleet and personally I would be very surprised if they all offer a new CW suite by the end of 2021.

I mean according to an insider all LHR 777s (both 200s and 300s) will be complete by October 2021 (there’s a thread for this) and if you pair that with new arrivals. That should be a substantial amount. I hope it sticks. Certainly not all aircrafts. The 787-8/9 and the a380s won’t have them at that time. But I think it will be easy to avoid them on popular routes especially and more 747s would be gone by then
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

I mean according to an insider all LHR 777s (both 200s and 300s) will be complete by October 2021 (there’s a thread for this) and if you pair that with new arrivals. That should be a substantial amount. I hope it sticks. Certainly not all aircrafts. The 787-8/9 and the a380s won’t have them at that time. But I think it will be easy to avoid them on popular routes especially and more 747s would be gone by then
So the new goal of this board will be to fly J on 777s and 350s, and F on 787s and 380s. For the last few 747s the dilemma remains between F upfront (ah, the sound of that front gear just after take off <3 ) or J upstairs.
DrLibra, EDIwanderer and opus99 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
So the new goal of this board will be to fly J on 777s and 350s, and F on 787s and 380s. For the last few 747s the dilemma remains between F upfront (ah, the sound of that front gear just after take off <3 ) or J upstairs.
don’t forget club on the 787-10. It will feature the new F and club suite too
DrLibra, alex67500 and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador

don’t forget club on the 787-10. It will feature the new F and club suite too
Are you sure it will be the new F? or same F as on 787-9? When's 787-10 due?

From chatting to the Club Suite product manager on a A350 flight on Saturday new F is expected to debut on 777X.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Are you sure it will be the new F? or same F as on 787-9? When's 787-10 due?

From chatting to the Club Suite product manager on a A350 flight on Saturday new F is expected to debut on 777X.
yes I believe you’re correct, that’s what I meant by new F sorry!
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
After flying down the back on last nights 465 and getting a brief tour of the rest of the plane, I was more impressed with the improvements made to the World Traveller cabin if I'm honest!

Power under every seat, new IFE software, decent screens, no IFE boxes under the seat in front... The World Traveller Plus cabin looked like a step up too with leg rests as opposed to just foot rests.
Weirdly, I believe they still have the IFE box in WTP...
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rhysflies
Weirdly, I believe they still have the IFE box in WTP...
In one seat only, in terms a box of any size, 21E. There is a slim one under the front row seats of WTP and WT, so affecting the cabins' second row, but it's quite small. Photos and more details in the A350 seat guide, in the BA Forum Dashboard. t
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In one seat only, in terms a box of any size, 21E. There is a slim one under the front row seats of WTP and WT, so affecting the cabins' second row, but it's quite small. Photos and more details in the A350 seat guide, in the BA Forum Dashboard. t
Are you sure? I swear I saw a slim black box in every row - not every seat. It was partially built into the seat support but still protruded a little.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rhysflies
Are you sure? I swear I saw a slim black box in every row - not every seat. It was partially built into the seat support but still protruded a little.
Have a look at the photos in post 644, comparing the penultimate photo with the one before it.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:59 pm

Airbus to Launch A350-1000 ULR and BA seem interested on what airbus has to offer

https://aviationanalyst.co.uk/2019/0...-a350-1000ulr/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.