Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
Best seats on A350 guide: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Future route speculation: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Background discussion on the Club Suites (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html
Madrid training flights - meetup thread (historical): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ps-thread.html

British Airways has revealed the configuration for its Airbus A350-1000 (56J 56W 219Y):
  • 56 business class featuring all-new Club Suites
  • 56 premium economy
  • 219 economy
  • (BA maintains that no A350s will have first class)
Familiarisation flights to Madrid (starts August 6th):
First A350 flights have also been revealed:
  • 02 to 06 Sep, 09 to 30 Sep, and from 08 Oct 2019 daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106
  • from 01 Oct 2019, daily to Toronto (YYZ) - BA92/93
  • from 01 Dec 2019, daily to Tel Aviv (TLV) - BA163/162
  • from 01 Jan 2020, daily to Bangalore (BLR) - BA119/118
  • from 01 Mar 2020, double daily to Dubai (DXB) - BA107/106 & BA105/104

More pics and details at https://www.ausbt.com.au/british-air...ess-class-seat

Flights planned to be operated by a A350

Summer 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Austin - Daily
Buenos Aires via São Paulo - Daily
Denver - Daily
Dubai - 3 x Weekly (Tuesday to Thursday)
Las Vegas - Daily
Newark - 2 x Weekly (Monday/Sunday)
Vancouver - Daily

Winter 2021 (Updated: 9th February 2021)

Bangalore - Daily
Boston - 9 x Weekly
BA213/212 - Daily
BA215/214 - 2 x Weekly (Mon/Sun)
Chicago - 2 x Daily
Mumbai - Daily (BA139/138)
San Diego - Daily
Tel Aviv - Daily (BA163/162)
Washington - 3 x Weekly (BA293/292 Tuesday to Thursday)
Vancouver - Daily

Print Wikipost

Flying BA’s Airbus A350: deliveries, routes, reviews and more

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:19 am

Aaw i thought it was that first BA ship that was coming to test LHR!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by woodey
Looks like it's about to arrive:

Regarding FR24, does anybody else have the phenomena whereby the A359 shows as a wide body, but the A35K more like an A320 icon?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:57 am

Just booked a return flight to YYZ at the beginning of November in CW. Looking forward to trying this out, I've only flown in BA's 747s long haul so I imagine it will be very different (and hopefully much quieter?).

I know there's obviously no reviews about seating, but I currently have a choice of almost every seat (incl. 1A). Any recommendations based on similar seats on other airlines etc?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Swiftly
Just booked a return flight to YYZ at the beginning of November in CW. Looking forward to trying this out, I've only flown in BA's 747s long haul so I imagine it will be very different (and hopefully much quieter?).

I know there's obviously no reviews about seating, but I currently have a choice of almost every seat (incl. 1A). Any recommendations based on similar seats on other airlines etc?
No one really knows but I imagine if you’re travelling alone then any of the window seats will work for you, unless you’re concerned about galley location or bathrooms? As for each suite, I imagine they all much of a muchness. Go with a location you normally would choose.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I'd go for row 2 window, whichever side is best for views on approach to YYZ (I can't remember if there's a preference there). Avoid the galley/toilet disturbance of row 1, but also get your G&T early and first choice of meal.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Sit near the front. With a hand run Club service those near the back of this now much much much longer cabin are going to be waiting a long time and should probably pack some snacks.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think 1A and 1K are bassinet positions.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think 1A and 1K are bassinet positions.
Just 1K it looks like

Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Anyone know the current situation on the MAD test flights? I'm hoping to book club on one of the first few test flights
Do you reckon its going to replace the 777 during the test?

(hoping this is the correct thread to post this question)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Speculation is that the 350 will operate as a substitution for an A32x service - the 777 flight is for the cargo capacity, they don't want to cause problems with that.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Anyone know the current situation on the MAD test flights? I'm hoping to book club on one of the first few test flights
Do you reckon its going to replace the 777 during the test?

(hoping this is the correct thread to post this question)
no one currently knows for sure. The 777 flight seems to be the popular guess (It's my guess as well). But just to be safe I would wait a few weeks as the schedule should be updated very shortly once airbus confirms the exact delivery date with BA and that should be happening quite soon as the confirmation is sent 30 days before delivery.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Speculation is that the 350 will operate as a substitution for an A32x service - the 777 flight is for the cargo capacity, they don't want to cause problems with that.
that’s interesting since I have read speculation stating the opposite that the A350 will be swapped for the 777. Was looking at doing a speculative booking but I guess I may just have to sit on my hands and wait to see which rotation it does go on.
Royalscot likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Originally Posted by opus99
no one currently knows for sure. The 777 flight seems to be the popular guess (It's my guess as well). But just to be safe I would wait a few weeks as the schedule should be updated very shortly once airbus confirms the exact delivery date with BA and that should be happening quite soon as the confirmation is sent 30 days before delivery.
Originally Posted by KARFA

that’s interesting since I have read speculation stating the opposite that the A350 will be swapped for the 777. Was looking at doing a speculative booking but I guess I may just have to sit on my hands and wait to see which rotation it does go on.
Firstly all this below is subject to change.

I think the 777 flight prediction has been generally from those going simply it’ll be a widebody swap for a widebody. I’ve heard quite the opposite.

I have heard it’s going to be on a A321/ A321neo flight capped at A321 loads to allow for swaps if necessary and as someone has mentioned to not interfere with stuck cargo on the 777 flight if the A350 goes tech or they need it elsewhere. BA456/457 was the tipped rotation before, first flight of the day. But I guess it could be the BA458/459 an hour later. Nothing “officially” confirmed yet. But I’d put money on it being a A321 (or A320 technically) on one of the two morning rotations.
BotB and TedToToe like this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
At the moment it's pure speculation but they could put the A350 on the first rotation of the day AND the current 777 rotation. So two crew training runs a day.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by woodey
At the moment it's pure speculation but they could put the A350 on the first rotation of the day AND the current 777 rotation. So two crew traing runs a day.
They will also have a second frame delivered very shortly after. So they could send both to MAD on all 4 flights for maximum crew training in September.

In all seriousness BA I not think to my knowledge have decided and I imagine it will vary and swaps could make for some disappointment.

I have one flight in beginning September booked on 456 anyway. Likely another two to book but prefer evenings. Hoping to wait and see to book but if not I’ll have one booking for each flight and hope I get one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.