Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally the fold away screen on VS is a positive. Can’t help but feel the lack of a door is going to be a J2000 v BA NCW moment for them. Shame as a lot of the detailing is nicely done.

Still think the lounge area is a bad idea - encouraging people to congregate and talk on board is just a bad idea. Very glad BA didn’t try something like that.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Personally the fold away screen on VS is a positive. Can’t help but feel the lack of a door is going to be a J2000 v BA NCW moment for them. Shame as a lot of the detailing is nicely done.

Still think the lounge area is a bad idea - encouraging people to congregate and talk on board is just a bad idea. Very glad BA didn’t try something like that.
Only time will tell but I can’t equate enclosing doors to flat beds as revolutions go. I would honestly value climate control at the seat higher.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
When will we officially know what date the 350 will be deployed on LHR MAD so we can book the right flight for a preview??
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Exec Club

for those who can watch. The video shows Alex Macheras testing out the new virgin upper class “suite”. Opinions?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by opus99
https://twitter.com/alexinair/status...340829187?s=21

for those who can watch. The video shows Alex Macheras testing out the new virgin upper class “suite”. Opinions?
I might need a 5-minute training course for all the pull/swivel/fold arrangements. Probably easier with practice which I will never, ever, get.

I assume the ‘tart’s boudoir’ colour sheme and lighting is corporate branding?
Mordac likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:09 am

Re the video he doesn't look very impressed with that screen and the huge gap. The colour palette reminds me of a teenage girl's bedroom. Also, the winged flap to his right completely blocks out one of the windows.

BA wins on this I think.
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
OK, ‘teenage girl’s bedroom’. I have no relevant experience of either!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
When will we officially know what date the 350 will be deployed on LHR MAD so we can book the right flight for a preview??
It is dependent on Airbus giving a 30 day delivery notice. So it will be fairly short notice for all the eager beavers to try it out. You could always take the risk and book one of the flight numbers that’s currently utilising a 777 but it’s a big risk and no aircraft is guaranteed until the last few hours before departure anyway.
ATCOlad likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by T8191
I might need a 5-minute training course for all the pull/swivel/fold arrangements. Probably easier with practice which I will never, ever, get.
This has trapped / painful fingers written all over it...
T8191 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
The privacy divider reminds me of the current NGCW divider, in short fairly useless. I’m not massively keen on the colours, but some of this is probably mood lighting, which would be different day and night, so probably OK.

Overall, I think CWS and UCS are fairly comparable, given the underlying seat is a variation on a theme. It will be a matter of preference, I think. Some will like the more social VS layout and Loft, others the more ‘private’ BA one with a much larger network. It’s the aviation equivalent of Android Vs Apple.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It is dependent on Airbus giving a 30 day delivery notice. So it will be fairly short notice for all the eager beavers to try it out. You could always take the risk and book one of the flight numbers that’s currently utilising a 777 but it’s a big risk and no aircraft is guaranteed until the last few hours before departure anyway.
I wouldn't bank on the A350 flights replacing the 777 flights...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:30 pm

The A350 does not operate to Toronto from March 29 it seems. Does anyone know the next route?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mrpacifist
The A350 does not operate to Toronto from March 29 it seems. Does anyone know the next route?
This thread I put together may help. Is your date reflective of the summer season changes?! Toronto seems to be a lottery based on the threads we’ve seen on here in recent months.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...my-flight.html
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
This thread I put together may help.
I've added your route discussion thread to the top of the Wiki on this thread, hopefully it'll help.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:55 am

Is your date reflective of the summer season changes?!

Sounds like it indeed! Thanks for the thread
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.