FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Raffles
Qatar has promised something new for business class to unveil at ITB in March 2020!
Have they indicated what aircraft this would be for...? Rather than a new generation seat to make QSuite obsolete [before it's even fleetwide], it could be the seat for the 789s they are expecting and haven't been able to adapt the QSuite for.

My understanding was that those were due this Summer, but that they were still awaiting an engine choice at present - which if it is accurate might fit with a delay and a product launch next year.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Now if only someone in Europe properly were to shake up short haul business seats, then we'd be in for some good times!
Oh yes please!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by etiene
Have they indicated what aircraft this would be for...? Rather than a new generation seat to make QSuite obsolete [before it's even fleetwide], it could be the seat for the 789s they are expecting and haven't been able to adapt the QSuite for.

My understanding was that those were due this Summer, but that they were still awaiting an engine choice at present - which if it is accurate might fit with a delay and a product launch next year.
It's for the A320 neos. It's an adapted form of the JetBlue seat..
etiene and george77300 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Tom Otley
It's for the A320 neos. It's an adapted form of the JetBlue seat..
I've heard good things, but that surely means a significant reduction in density from the current lay flat. That also leaves the mystery of the 789, but we are now way off topic.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended

If someone is not too busy, a ‘guess when which existing aircraft will get the CS’ game might be fun.
T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Mar 19, 2019 at 11:35 am
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I hope we settle on the ‘CS’ nomenclature ... CWS is, after all, already taken.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by YClass
The comment that they cut it on cost grounds is interesting. Sounded super exciting and perhaps dropped when they decided to retain F versus a few years ago when said there was no place for F? Would have been amazing to see. I guess they just thought the excitement of it wouldn't attract enough additional revenue to justify the investment. Shame.... all ways go for the top and challenge yourself to meet it!
I take it you’re not a CFO...
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
cant wait just booked LHR-YYZ return for mid Nov on the A350 picked 2K, 3A looks like 1K is blocked as the bassinet seat
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:40 pm
MJA

Programs: QF Plat & Partner Gold, QF Life Gold, SPG Gold , Hilton Gold, CO, MH, VS Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I love this and don't want to sound at all negative - but as we know the current cleaning time / budget leaves a lot to be desired. I've found the storage in the 789 F is left fairly gross on most cleans - how can they get inside all these areas in a reasonable time to leave the cabin spotless ?
Qatar manage it consistently with even more nooks and crannies.............
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Is the Gatwick 777 fleet refurb now complete? Or will they be fitting new old-style CW seats to those while the new seat goes into the LHR fleet?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.

A rather unflattering angle posted on instagram of a BA mock up of the new CWS
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:30 am

Finally a proper business class product again. My only possible issue is the fixed screen might make it a knee/shin killer, a little like the QR Super Diamond.

I wonder how long they plan to keep this seat around because the competition is already looking to move on from this kind of design.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA have surpassed my expectations as I expected something very mediocre and was resigned to getting the Iberia seat due to having the same parent company. However, in reality, are we just getting a Super Diamond seat with a door bolted on (the BA finishes aside)?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Interesting, doing a dummy booking to YYZ, it allows me (a mere Silver) to select 1A...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
...Whilst purely on a spreadsheet of financials this maybe true....
I guess any company's biggest hurdle is that investment is a material and certain cost measured against uncertain returns, versus negligible costs measured against certain returns and, whilst the delta might be similar over time on paper, the risk is materially different. But spreadsheets never really value goodwill, and failure to invest can be pernicious. The skill is in measuring when its time to make the change. I suspect the simple fact that BA is finally introducing a new seat will create goodwill simply by virture of the expectation of change: there are several posts UT that state "I will now consider BA again", and this sort of value cannot be valued easily by accountants.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.