FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by zeel
Is this the modified seat as the flagship AA business class or the QR seats on the A380?

I think this seat looks great and as I currently actively try to fly q- suites on my long haul and this definetly brings me back wanting to potentially fly BA..

However the negative/ pessimistic side of me thinks is this enough? Is it ground breaking compared to other seats out there?

I feel this is BA catching up but a few years down the line (at least 3 years before it’s on all aircrafts) the competition will have moved ahead again...

Or is this is as good as business class seats will ever get?
Its not ground breaking but I guess it never was going to be, considering the competition. It's hard to imagine UA/ DL being strides ahead anytime soon considering their recent investments, I think they next big push will likely be in soft product, steps BA are already making
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent work BA. No seat is perfect but this looks very good. The door is delightful - true privacy.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I am disappointed too - footcoffins, the loss of sense of space. The door does not really excite me - in fact, it makes the seat even more claustrophobic than it already seems to be (if it is anything like AA's Super Diamond seat). I am happy for thouse who wanted a different type of seat/bed design. This does not do anything for me, and I will be sad to see CW go. The new seat does look great though.
The cabin in the video reminds me of the cube farm in my company’s US IT offices. Whenever I spend time there, I find being compartmentalised and walled off from others quite depressing after a while. I’ll be interested to see if this cabin has the same effect on me. I suspect I’ll leave the suite door open unless sleeping.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
If demand existed, would BA sell all 56 seats on the MAD CE service?
I imagine they would and there's potentially the demand for it. Haven't some club europe seats gone as far as row 10?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Fantastic seat, well done BA, i'm very pleased BA have chosen to customise this variant and it looks like they've done an incredible job.

I'm not so concerned with the couple seats going, if you can see their face then I think most ppl will use the Wifi to message each other over the noise. I'm looking forward to the door giving some privacy changing into pjs or sleeping too.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pack
I imagine they would and there's potentially the demand for it. Haven't some club europe seats gone as far as row 10?
But with a new aircraft type, BA would have to consider the contigency plan if the aircraft were to go sick. One continency plan would include limiting bookings to a maximum that can be accommodated by whatever alternative aircraft is likely to be available to operate the flight. At the end of the day, even if enthusiasts book a flight to try out a new aircraft, most people on the flight will still be there because they need to get from A to B regardless of the aircraft type operating it.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
As a 6'2" person I actually think the 'felt' on the door and surround will be a good step forward from any thing else out there. I'm used to my head pressing/bumping against hard plastic all night on these types of seats so this should be a bit less harsh. That's if its even an issue if there really is 6'7" of usable length. The sound proofing element may be useful as well.

Last edited by RobDBA; Mar 18, 2019 at 7:38 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
It's been true on the LHR-HEL runs that we had following the 240 GBP R/T in the August sale, up to row 12 (it annoyed some people in Y who'd booked emergency exit rows).

I might think about a weekend in BCN (via MAD) in September :-)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:37 am

Well they regularly sell over 60 seats (CW+F) on the existing 777 service to MAD. I doubt there’d be any less demand for the new bird.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by alex67500
It's been true on the LHR-HEL runs that we had following the 240 GBP R/T in the August sale, up to row 12 (it annoyed some people in Y who'd booked emergency exit rows).

I might think about a weekend in BCN (via MAD) in September :-)
You're not the only one! I've been to Madrid a few times, but have never left the airport. I'm tempted to check the city out around September...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
What a dilemma...for my next trip to South America - do I go for extra tier points through MIA or try the new (fantastic looking) Club Suite via MAD???
First world problems...
GD
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Isn't this the best J seat among major EU carriers?

I've recently seen 12 rows on the A320 on ATH on the seat map. I am not sure if it stays with 12 rows but I guess I shall see!

I'd love to see the A350 on the likes of ATH. Some days in April have 6 flights per day and there seems to be plenty of demand for seats.

Anyway, I don't think we'd be seeing the A350 on the route, but it would be lovely to have those nice seats on long short haul flights too.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 18, 2019 at 8:16 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I sleep on the side with my knees up to avoid back pains. That can be done on one side on the Cirrus (CX,.) or Super Diamond or QRsuites. But that looks difficult on these new seats, even with door open The "hole" for the knees is usually on the console side. Experience will tell.
BA is finally catching up, and with excellent privacy.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by email2markt
I'm looking forward to the door giving some privacy changing into pjs or sleeping too.
I doubt you'll be changing into your PJs there. The door may offer privacy at seating level, but I'm not at all sure it's high enough to stop anyone walking in the aisle from seeing you.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by brunos
I sleep on the side with my knees up to avoid back pains. That can be done on one side on the Cirrus (CX,.) or Super Diamond or QRsuites. But that looks difficult on these new seats, even with door open The "hole" for the knees is usually on the console side. Experience will tell.
BA is finally catching up, and with excellent privacy.
The BA seats are super diamond so I expect you will be okay?
opus99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.