FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by smudge
Looks fantastic. Has anyone seen detail on the in-seat charging options - USB-C?
The AusBT article claims the seat to have 1x AC outlet, 1 x High power USB, 1 x regular USB (with no mention of -C).
Anyone using a device which has USB-C should carry with them at least a couple of those little adapters you can get on Amazon for just over Ł1.50 each. (I'm sure you can get them for pennies from elsewhere)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Noting the 'pop-up' catches used on the 2 storage areas at the side of the seat ... I hope they're more reliable than the ones on the side bins on the A380. They have the potential to pop open autonomously, ejecting whatever is placed upon them [including your beverage!].

Disregard ... they seem to have an operating button.

They do. And every one is checked to make sure is has positive latching before it leaves Collins factory.
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by aceman
Toronto is the first main route? Why??

either way, I suspect my main route of LAS will once again be the last to get it...
Only someone who works for BA can answer this, but I suspect because i) it's a short East Coast route that maximizes utilization and ii) BA thinks it will help them compete better with Air Canada, who have massively invested in their J product and are probably squeezing BA on the route as a result (AC have a new lounge at YYZ with a la carte dining, Super Diamond J class seat, etc.).

LAS is indeed unlikely to be prioritized for this, it's going to be other routes that have strong premium competition, which at the end of the day makes sense.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you

(belt stuff).
What do you think of the new seat? And knowing CW travellers, what do you think their reaction will be?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Sorry if i missed it - do we know when MAD commences?
BA only gets 30 days notice from Airbus of delivery.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles

BA only gets 30 days notice from Airbus of delivery.
So it will be like the games we played in 2013 when the A380 and 787 runs happened, trying to work out which days and flights would get the new birds. Watch all the CE availability dry up for the summer!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OW Emerald
Is this the modified seat as the flagship AA business class or the QR seats on the A380?

I think this seat looks great and as I currently actively try to fly q- suites on my long haul and this definetly brings me back wanting to potentially fly BA..

However the negative/ pessimistic side of me thinks is this enough? Is it ground breaking compared to other seats out there?

I feel this is BA catching up but a few years down the line (at least 3 years before it’s on all aircrafts) the competition will have moved ahead again...

Or is this is as good as business class seats will ever get?

Programs: executive club
Just had an email from BA looks like my flights to Toronto have the new club seats.
orbitmic, T8191 and Pack like this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I am very impressed and it is a great step forward for the hard product.

However, in general, I still find it disappointing that no one innovates any more with cabins. Its all "off the peg", just in a different colour.

But, I am sure it will be lovely to fly on when I get a chance in the future.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

However, in general, I still find it disappointing that no one innovates any more with cabins. Its all "off the peg", just in a different colour.

I wonder how cabin crew feel about the door? Does it affect quality or ease of service at all?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Looks very good, and credit to BA as I didn't expect it to be this good. My next BA long haul is this April, and the one after on a route where this has any chance of being used is likely to be in the latter part of 2020, so hopefully the roll-out is fast as possible!

I suspect First, except potentially for any Singapore-style hard products, will disappear as there's less and less differentiation between J and F with every passing year. The lack of clarity around the A380s also makes me wonder if they're in BA's medium term plans.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy

The challenge is: what innovations are left that make economic sense. The current seat (in all versions) was truly innovative and in some ways still is, a genuine bed in sleep mode without foot box; something only F offers otherwise

The next step can only include elimination of density and much higher fares - which would in effect be a pseudo F/J hybrid.
etiene likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:08 am

If demand existed, would BA sell all 56 seats on the MAD CE service?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by jackcarr
I suspect First, except potentially for any Singapore-style hard products, will disappear as there's less and less differentiation between J and F with every passing year. The lack of clarity around the A380s also makes me wonder if they're in BA's medium term plans.
Unless the CW crew/passenger ratios change significantly, there will always be a major difference in the level of service between J and F.
stephenjc likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by smudge
I wonder how cabin crew feel about the door? Does it affect quality or ease of service at all?
Will be interesting to hear their opinions...

I think the reaching across, like the current First, to the side ledge away from the aisle will no doubt bother some, but no different to reaching over/through to the window/middle seats on current aircraft.

Thankfully, I will not be experiencing working on anything like this
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.