FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by etiene
My guess on the A380 is that they're not willing to commit to keeping and refitting them yet. Taking the time to see if the plane fits into the fleet plan going forward and only then committing to the refit seems like a sensible tactic. We see various other airlines saying that they won't be keeping the big birds all that long, so it shouldn't be a surprise if BA choose to do likewise. On the other hand, the A380 mission statement was basically written for LHR so it would be equally unsurprising if BA are happy to retain the A380 when others aren't.
I think it’s quite possible they are still working on how to fit it into the A380. The upper deck is narrower than the A350 while the main deck is wider. There was talk we would see a variation of this seat going on the A380 as it’s optimised for the A350/777X.

Last edited by bmibaby737; Mar 18, 2019 at 5:51 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:18 am

I am a big fan of the existing J seat as it’s one of the few I seem to get a decent nights sleep on. However, really impressed with the new product, seems to answer most of the minor criticisms I had with the existing seat.

That said, and I make these observations purely from the pictures so take them with a pinch of salt, I would say the following;

1) I do think it will be a shame the middle pair is less open for couples. I appreciate why and having sat in a middle pair with a stranger this new product would be 1000x better but I love middle pair trips with MrsMM, I wish the divider was a little larger to enjoy each other’s company more at least.

2) I love the door! However, is it me or does it look like the armrest on the door side basically blocks half the space to enter the suite? I hope it’s just the images but it doesn’t look too easy to get in and out of.

appreciate I’m nit picking in the extreme, can’t wait to get in the seat. Sadly mostly LH out of gatters so see you in 5 years!

TMM
ds2016 likes this.

Last edited by The Muffin Man; Mar 18, 2019 at 5:30 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by mikebg
The seat is 6'7" long.
Im assuming that may be taking some liberties with a tapering foot coffin that even the smallest of ballerina feet would struggle to sneak into!
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
It looks beautiful. Credit where it's due!

BUT

Going to a 1-2-1 config will surely mean an overall reduction in J seats available (and subsequent change in pricing/redemption opportunities), although does the angulation of the seat allow for more rows?

Any word on how many they'll squeeze into the 777 by way of comparison?
amanx likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I love this and don't want to sound at all negative - but as we know the current cleaning time / budget leaves a lot to be desired. I've found the storage in the 789 F is left fairly gross on most cleans - how can they get inside all these areas in a reasonable time to leave the cabin spotless ?
hahhahaha, we've already moved from nowhere to put my specs, to my specs came out covered in afternoon tea scone crumbs!
SaraJH likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Surprised they went for what is quite a low density layout. I was expecting something like the generic version of Polaris which is itself basically a more dense version of the Iberia seat.

IMO this is the death knell for First. There's only so much more than the Club Suite you can do with the hard product, and we know BA is incapable of delivering a soft product consistently good enough to differentiate it
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Wapps68
Guys, I’m sorry (ive tried reading above but finding it difficult on my phone)... have the a350 routes to Madrid been launched? I want to treat my significant other and me but don’t want to risk an a32X.

Thank you 😊
It isn’t timetabled yet because the exact delivery date of the aircraft from Airbus is only confirmed 30 days in advance. You can risk booking the flights with the 777 scheduled but it’s always a gamble.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC
:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
hahhahaha, we've already moved from nowhere to put my specs, to my specs came out covered in afternoon tea scone crumbs!
Or I can’t remember which storage compartment I left them in...there’s too much storage
Jimmie76 and T8191 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
.... I would say the following;

1) I do think it will be a shame the middle pair is less open for couples. I appreciate why and haven’t sat in a middle pair with a stranger this new product would be 1000x better but I love middle pair trips with MrsMM, I wish the divider was a little larger to enjoy each other’s company more at least.

Just had that discussion with the OH. As she pointed out, I can't hear what she's saying when we're in the air anyway, so seated 'together' is only vaguely helpful! We've started getting used to individual window seats when on a 1-2-1 configuration, and talk again after we've landed!

I fully understand the setup for the solo pax in middle pair with the sliding hatch. No more embarrassment about putting up the divider to avoid being face-to-face with a complete stranger, and no more side-by-side in the middle pair. BUT, those with children might [as noted upthread] be less enthusiastic.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is what the seat map looks like in Manage My Booking, very strange to see all those seats pointing the same way, but, note we now have a dorm and a mini compartment.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

It isn’t timetabled yet because the exact delivery date of the aircraft from Airbus is only confirmed 30 days in advance. You can risk booking the flights with the 777 scheduled but it’s always a gamble.
HFP is saying that the A350 service will be the first morning departure LHR to MAD

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-suite-review/
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:29 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
It looks great, but please remember that it will be refreshed only in 10-15 years from now
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Footrest has to be below the inner armrest and compartment(s) of the front seat, which means footrest must be really shallow... 6 inches at most? Unless the seat itself is slightly angled, or seat itself goes lower in the full-flat mode (which doesn't appear so in the pictures). Looking forward to the reviews.

Secondly, CX A3510 deploys 32PY+256Y behind L2 whereas BA squeezes 12C+56PY+219Y on the same sqft. Hope there's no sacrifice from those behind.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by TraumaDoc
It looks beautiful. Credit where it's due!

BUT

Going to a 1-2-1 config will surely mean an overall reduction in J seats available (and subsequent change in pricing/redemption opportunities), although does the angulation of the seat allow for more rows?

Any word on how many they'll squeeze into the 777 by way of comparison?
The angle of the seat is what makes direct aisle access possible at all - 1-2-1 v 2-4-2 does not give a true picture. The density is probably slightly lower [difficult to tell until some refit seatmaps are revealed] but not by all that much would be my guess.
TraumaDoc likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by BA6948
Wow! Now , we talk. Truly amazing... Good job BA.

I am starting to think there might be an issue with the A380 as even AF is unable of fitting its best cabin to the A380. May be a rearrangement of cabins is required: all J downstairs? or all upstairs?
VA uses the Super Diamond in a comfortable config on their A330s, and my understanding is that the 330's not as wide as the 380 upper deck is?

I'm not saying I think BA will definitely refit the 380 with this new suite - presumably it'd be a bigger job, as they might actually have to move all of J to the upper deck if they couldn't use the main deck space as efficiently with this layout? Are there any other customers using this type of seat on the main deck of a 380?

I've always thought it really strange how BA split their club cabin across both decks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.