Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC
@CIHY photos can be deceiving but a few posts have suggested the entrance to the suite (I make that sound more grandeur than it clearly is!) looks quite tight or ‘slim’ is that the case? Do you know roughly what the width of door is?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Seat comfort wise I would say that it is as firm as the current seat, I found it very comfortable, the seat didn’t have any seat belts fitted so sorry I am unable to answer that question.
I hope its more comfortable than the new(ish) Swissair seat (last year). It was like trying to sleep on a rockface - never again.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well, I am afraid that I am not that impressed, it would appear that the calls for privacy have prevailed here. With the design of the seat and the dark, drab colour scheme it looks like you’re flying in an under-stairs cupboard.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
Well, I am afraid that I am not that impressed, it would appear that the calls for privacy have prevailed here. With the design of the seat and the dark, drab colour scheme it looks like you’re flying in an under-stairs cupboard.
Your under-stairs cupboard is much nicer than mine then
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
its so funny how people are really picking this seat apart. the tiniest details are becoming such big issues. I think people that are just used to criticising BA so much that when they release something that really is one of the best in the world they don't know how to react. And what I would love to see is the basis on which people will continue to praise business classes like Emirates 777,(2-3-2 config ANGLED SEAT) like seriously? and you think club world is outdated? or lets even take their A380 business with a seat width of 18.5 inches??? that's BAs premium economy seat width, like really??? and you want to talk about claustrophobia?? with this new club of 21 inches?? but no one ever raises those points and I dont get it. don't get me wrong their service is fantastic but that really only does so much, their seats are very much mediocre at best. Maybe I'm just biased but this seat is fantastic and I cannot wait till its rolled out on all long-haul aircrafts. BA has had its very bad days but since they started their investment program they are really coming back hard and I'm here for it. CIHY (though only one source) has confirmed that the seat is the same firmness as the current one and has confirmed that it is very comfortable which I'm sure it will be considering the details that have gone into the seat. People will still praise Qatar and say their reverse herringbone seat is private (I'd like you to show me where) but when BA does something above and beyond they hate to admit. Every source that I've come across that has sat in the actual seat has only had good comments but that's just my piece.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We get a variety of views on here ...
  • Personal preferences (privacy, foot socket etc.) which are perfectly valid for that individual and his/her cohort.
  • Those interested in the minutiae in everything BA, from aircraft external colour schemes to the hem length of CC skirts.
  • Those with extensive experience of other carriers’ options, and can draw comparisons ... from their personal perspective.
  • ... and those who are interested in the new seat, but have a few queries.

All have different degrees of validity against a majority view [if such existed], but largely they are personal views, which deserve to be heard ... however much they might differ from some other members!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by kanderson1965
I love the idea of flying in an under-stairs cupboard. If only I could find space for all the junk currently in my under-stairs cupboard, I'd be half tempted to build a BA Club World Suite simulator in the space. I could retreat there with a beer on an evening and get the kids to run up and down the stairs to simulate turbulence. I'm sure my wife would be delighted to dress up like cabin crew bring me food and drink to my suite.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:18 am

As a glasses wearer I can honestly say I've never had an issue with the current version of CW and storage space. I have a glasses case, I take them off put them in said case and then put that in the drawer. Once that's done, recline the seat. Simple.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I love the idea of flying in an under-stairs cupboard. If only I could find space for all the junk currently in my under-stairs cupboard, I'd be half tempted to build a BA Club World Suite simulator in the space. I could retreat there with a beer on an evening and get the kids to run up and down the stairs to simulate turbulence. I'm sure my wife would be delighted to dress up like cabin crew bring me food and drink to my suite.
I will of course pass a proper judgement once I have flown in the seat and can gauge the space available. Being built like a gibbon with long limbs, enclosed spaces tend to be a bit of a pain (literally). My comments regarding the colour scheme still stand; why such a dark and drab colour scheme? I have the same view with the F cabin, I much prefered the colour scheme of the old F product despite its shabby appearance towards the end.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
kanderson1965 ... undoubtedly the colour is for practical (read minimal cleaning) reasons. But as I noted upthread, a bit of colour could have been added ... but then the passengers provide colour relief anyway. An empty cabin/seat presents an un-natural view of things,
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
kanderson1965 ... undoubtedly the colour is for practical (read minimal cleaning) reasons. But as I noted upthread, a bit of colour could have been added ... but then the passengers provide colour relief anyway. An empty cabin/seat presents an un-natural view of things,
I think you may be right on this, to be honest, I hope.I do like the seat as I suspect I will have less opportunity to travel in F due to the planned reduction in capacity and the likely associated price hike that will follow.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by kanderson1965; Mar 22, 2019 at 1:37 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Wong Jnr
My concern is how hard are the seats cushions?
Are they comparable to the NGCW seat which I find very comfortable.

Also does the shoulder belt tuck away nicely so not to disturb when not in use?
Having looked closer at a picture of the seat in our report centre I can see that the shoulder strap was fitted, you can just see it in pic 6 under the headrest cover, so the answer is it tucks away nicely.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobDBA
Not sure how tall you are CIHY but if you are over 6 feet tall and tried the bed, was there plenty of length for you?
I’m not quite that tall but it seemed fine to me.
RobDBA likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eugegall
Does it feel as snug as it looks?
It felt very different from the current seat which is the only business class seat I have sat in but it didn’t feel snug at all.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
@CIHY photos can be deceiving but a few posts have suggested the entrance to the suite (I make that sound more grandeur than it clearly is!) looks quite tight or ‘slim’ is that the case? Do you know roughly what the width of door is?
I don’t know the measurements, sorry but the armrest has to be down and the door locked open for boarding, takeoff and landing.
There is certainly less entrance space and I’m not sure how larger customers and those with physical disabilities will
cope with this.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.