Search
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by T8191
The shoulder belt buckle could be annoying for some people, depending on their height/build, i suspect.
I was just thinking the same.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I think the new seat looks great. Tbh I've been actively avoiding BA club for years if I can. I'll fly other OW carriers just to avoid the current J seat..even if the flight times arn't that good. With this new seat...it will definitely bring me back to flying more with BA again..(when the seat is actually installed) which is a good thing. I wonder how many people are thinking the same thing...or will it not mean much to most folk out of FT??
duhm and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by gypsyjaney

i agree, it looks as though there will be quite enough privacy without the doors - and I’m a window person anyway.. seems a bit claustrophobic to me.
I don't think it will ever be compulsory to close it though.
orbitmic, rockflyertalk and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by soy
regular super diamond has enough privacy
Im not quite sure about that, basically its not really much better than a CW aisle seat, although al those who rave about QR don't seem to have an issue with it...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Another excellent photo for analysis! Thank you!

The shoulder belt buckle could be annoying for some people, depending on their height/build, i suspect.
Only required for take off and landing. Inflight it can be unbuckled from the waist belt.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC
I always thought the best thing about a door is you can open or close it. Quite remarkable really!

In this case you wouldn’t know there was a door on the suite as it slides away into the shell of suite. So you can pretty much pretend there isn’t a door and therefore alleviate any chance of worrying about being too enclosed. As another had said the door is almost irrelevant.

I can empathise with people who can feel claustrophobic and therefore maybe this type of seat isn’t for them (and maybe not an aircraft either!). Luckily the current CW will be around for some years to come for those who like the openness.
Sozee, JamieG and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:46 am

It needs a sliding roof!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The supposed dichotomy between current CW's "8-abreast" and the "4-abreast" of the new layout and all of the similar layouts is false, and it always has been. There's always some overlap between one person's feet and some other person's head and body. Current CW does it differently from most others because of the yin-yang arrangement, thus its higher density. But the difference is one of degree, not of distinction; only a completely unthinking person would say that moving from current CW's "2-4-2" to the new "1-2-1" means double the space or half the density (although I acknowledge that there have sometimes been such people posting on FT). Take any similar cabin and draw any horizontal line across the aircraft: it will almost always cross some part of each of 8 seats.
How does the overall seat count stack up?

Is this information available ?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by sxc

Only required for take off and landing. Inflight it can be unbuckled from the waist belt.
I think T8191 meant when unbuckled.

It seems to protrude from the seat when in the retracted position which could dig in to your head/shoulder depending on how one is seated.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by sxc

Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm getting at is that the "unbuckled buckle" then potentially impinges on the passenger's shoulder/back if they happen to be the wrong size/shape.

Has anyone yet sat in the seat to be able to comment on where the "unbuckled buckle" sits? Is it high enough, in the retracted position, to be above the shoulder? It seems high enough, but I can't really be sure from that photo.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Will100
How does the overall seat count stack up?

Is this information available ?
Don't think so yet - until a 777 refurb seatmap is known we can only compare the A350 to other carriers version of that aircraft [with all the attendant like-for-like pitfalls associated with lav and galley positions]. Not that it will stop people trying.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Im not quite sure about that, basically its not really much better than a CW aisle seat, although al those who rave about QR don't seem to have an issue with it...
I agree the QR seat really doesn't feel very private at all. I personally prefer a CW window, or the CX/AA seat which to me feels better overall. Hopefully the new BA seat has the advantages of all three.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Yes, I'm aware of that. What I'm getting at is that the "unbuckled buckle" then potentially impinges on the passenger's shoulder/back if they happen to be the wrong size/shape.

Has anyone yet sat in the seat to be able to comment on where the "unbuckled buckle" sits? Is it high enough, in the retracted position, to be above the shoulder? It seems high enough, but I can't really be sure from that photo.

it looks like it fits into a slight cubbyhole to me so the buckle would be below the seat level.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by MickV
it looks like it fits into a slight cubbyhole to me so the buckle would be below the seat level.
Ah, yes ... enough micro-management! Zooming the photo at #353 the buckle sits in a recess with a padded cover.

Moving on, apologies for the lengthy diversion!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I agree the QR seat really doesn't feel very private at all. I personally prefer a CW window, or the CX/AA seat which to me feels better overall. Hopefully the new BA seat has the advantages of all three.
ISTR that the AA version has the cowling extend forward near the head to improve this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.