Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
This looks great! I had booked an Avios cw redemption to Dubai for Jan 2019 on the 744, just been seat shifted from 60A on the 744 to 1A on the A350. Very happy!
estate, Padmeister, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
It looks very plush and nice, for sure - but it also looks pretty darned tight. I don't think that I, as a person of a chubbier-than-most persuasion, could fit through the door gap. It also looks quite tight in the shoulders (much like the AA implementation of this seat), and the walls on the doors make the aisles super-skinny.

It might just be the photos and the VR/3D video skewing it, but it looks very - very cramped. Are there any official dimensions floating around anywhere?

What about those with disabilities? Are there going to be some seats without walls/doors?
rcgosling likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by etiene
A few moans about it not being revolutionary - but I'd like to see how those posters would make it so without turning it into an F product density wise. Bear in mind that QSuite has already happened, and is a fair step down in density which few thought BA would be able to follow..
Qsuite on a 777 is 42 seats vs 48 for the terrible old 777 seat. Some loss of density but given that people actively avoided the old layout it was a worthwhile move.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
This looks great! I had booked an Avios cw redemption to Dubai for Jan 2019 on the 744, just been seat shifted from 60A on the 744 to 1A on the A350. Very happy!
Fantastic result ^
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Will there be 2 windows per seat?
looks very much like a shrunk down 787 F
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft
Will there be 2 windows per seat?
looks very much like a shrunk down 787 F
2 windows - that's the intention
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I am late to the party but here goes. When I read a report this morning that read the new Club Suite is in essence a reengineered version of the popular Super Diamond seat I jumped to the press photos and to be honest, my initial reaction was "crikey, they engineered it beyond all recognition" and in a positive way. The high shell surround and sliding doors are significant improvements. I also see that the drop screen that separates the two centre seats in the original Super Diamond has been replaced by a horizontal sliding screen. Good job too, as this aspect of the original Super Diamond is not altogether reliable, as regulars on AA's Boeing 787-9 can attest to.

One thing I am not so sure on is the ultra dark inside shell. The dark surfaces will not reflect light so I'd very interested to discover how effective the reading light(s) are.

Overall, I am very pleased with today's unveiling.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
No doubt this is an amazing upgrade but as a side sleeper . It is really tough for me to get quality sleep in these Super Diamond style seats.
Jimmie76 and happeemonkee like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
It really looks amazing, can't wait to try it out!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:59 pm

I wonder how this will compare with Virgin's new Upper Class seat being launched this year? Is Richard Branson happy or not today?
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I wonder how this will compare with Virgin's new Upper Class seat being launched this year? Is Richard Branson happy or not today?
I suspect it will be remarkably similar!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
“*The Inflight entertainment system size varies slightly by aircraft type and will be between 17 and 18.5 inches”

Just noticed this on the PR release. I assume it means that some aircraft will have a tighter footwell if a smaller telly needs to be installed. 787?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
No doubt this is an amazing upgrade but as a side sleeper . It is really tough for me to get quality sleep in these Super Diamond style seats.
I am a side sleeper, and in 3 of the 4 configs I have flown it hasn’t been an issue (CI, QR, AA). Only with AC was the table a bit tight

Last edited by Swanhunter; Mar 19, 2019 at 1:40 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Very pleasantly surprised tbh. Having only moved from VS to BA in late May of last year the new seat was a decided factor in the decision making process. Being the gluttons for punishment we are we actually wanted to get a reasonable amount of experience using the old/ current product so we could see the change and appreciate it properly.

I have to say it is above what I expected ( when I saw the new Boeing 2-2-2 staggered config I was sure BA would go for it [and find a way to achieve an AB version] what with their love of cabin density) so to see 1-2-1 was great. It looks like a premium product that they can actually be proud of & I look forward to giving it a try although being mostly LGW based I imagine it will be the back end of '23 before we see any.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Found some great tweets

bmibaby737 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.