Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Sorry I wasn't clear, but I meant some seats were actually allocated down to row 12 on a particular flight, not the capabilities of how far CE can be extended, i.e. there must be a reasonable expectation to fill 12 rows in this particular case.
my understanding is that the system juggles a variant on the balance between the classes right to the last possible point.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The seat and side storage look like the AA seat which I love (second only to JAL among the business class flights I've taken), so bravo there! It will make the JV less of a guessing game if it ever makes it in a retrofit. I wonder how pricing will reflect it being 4 across instead of 7 or 8 across.

But I still struggle with the doors that they added (same with Delta). The AA seat without a door is still very private while seated (staggered and nice shell blocking views). Even with a door, anyone walking by can still see you while standing.

Originally Posted by stephenjc
Looks great, although I always liked the current CW/J seat TBH.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to watch stuff from your phone on the HD IFE screen?
the quick answer from the IFT horses mouth is that you can’t do it on this seat.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
The Dining Table. I see one runner on the side for deployment, with apparently a flip-over 2nd section. One could guess these will become as wobbly as the current iteration. Time will tell.
estate likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:28 am

Nice – but it appears that there is only around 5" between the front corner of the seat and the back shell of the row in front.

On American, there is around 8" of space.

This will make for a tight fit walking in and out of the mini-suite.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by mikebg
Unless the CW crew/passenger ratios change significantly, there will always be a major difference in the level of service between J and F.
It looks like there will be 5 crew in CW which is the same as on the B777-300 which also has 56 seats, 2 in WT plus and 5 in WT.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think the seat will be very popular for people travelling on their own, less so for people travelling in twos or with a family, I haven’t seen anything about bassinets for infants, what do other airlines with similar seats do?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Originally Posted by aceman
Toronto is the first main route? Why??

either way, I suspect my main route of LAS will once again be the last to get it...
Umm, suspect it will be YVR. YVR seems to be the ginger stepchild of BA's LH routes, and has been for many years.

I am genuinely torn at this. Happy because this looks like a real step change forwards, and in a climate of (mostly) penny pinching it is very welcome to see. But a bit sad because I remember how prolonged the roll out of previous CW and NF seats has been, and the lottery of "will I/won't I" whilst it happens.

According to ba.com six aircraft (4x350 and 2x777) will be fitted with these seats by the end of this year. That suggests complete roll out will take some time (a quick tot up of BA's A380s, 777s, and 787s comes to 99 aircraft).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Not sure if it’s been noted already, but the ‘tile spacer’ stich on the seats throws back to the 90s Club logo with the 9 squares.

Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by macabus
Nice – but it appears that there is only around 5" between the front corner of the seat and the back shell of the row in front.

On American, there is around 8" of space.

This will make for a tight fit walking in and out of the mini-suite.
I don't know which AA seat you have in mind (they have so many now), but the space between the front corner of the seat and the back shell of the row in front on their B772s (Super Diamond seats) feels much tighter than 8". This is one of the reasons I don't like these seats - I am slim but I found it uncomfortable to get into/out of that seat. Lifting my leg in the current CW is nothing in comparison. Seats on AA B773 are better from that perspective.

Last edited by Andriyko; Mar 18, 2019 at 10:56 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
It is so sad to see BA is just copy and paste the C class seat of other airlines like AC, QR, AA and just changing fabrics and adding a door

I was expect BA to introduce a revolutionary seat from scratch not a seat that has been in the market now for almost 6 years with little modifications.

In addition, they fell in the same trap of getting the table position too low that when the seat is in the bed position your keens will hit the table edge frequently making sleeping (especially when you sleep on our side) inconvenient

Frankly speaking, I am not impressed.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Greg66
According to ba.com six aircraft (4x350 and 2x777) will be fitted with these seats by the end of this year. That suggests complete roll out will take some time (a quick tot up of BA's A380s, 777s, and 787s comes to 99 aircraft).
I read somewhere amongst the many articles this morning, that Mr Cruz has said the roll-out will be between 2.5 - 3 years. I imagine if they want to limit the impact on NPS score and make up for lost years of not improving the hard product, they will try to get on with this change and do it as quickly as the seat can be manufactured. If F is also due to be updated then both will co-inside and BA will want to ensure that F customers are given an equal if not better product, otherwise expect lots of complaints from F pax suggesting that... "err these people sitting in Club Suites behind me have a better product, I want my money back or how many avios are you going to give me! Its an outrage!"

So no doubt its a balancing act over the next 3 years to get right. It will certainly be entering to see how it develops. Qatar apparently have 41 aircraft with QSuites fitted, 2 years into the rollout.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I haven’t seen anything about bassinets for infants...
I've read something, somewhere (in all the pages I've read today), that the BSCT positions will be at the front bulkhead, and the the BSCT will go above the footwell (so presumably above/behind the TV). A somewhat elevated position perhaps?

I'm going to guess I read it on HeadforPoints

Indeed I did: https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...-suite-review/

What about families with babies?
Bassinet seats will still exist. Whilst it wasn’t part of the VR simulation, the second of the two A350 Club Suite cabins has space for bassinets to be attached in front of the first row of suites.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It is so sad to see BA is just copy and paste the C class seat of other airlines like AC, QR, AA and just changing fabrics and adding a door

I was expect BA to introduce a revolutionary seat from scratch not a seat that has been in the market now for almost 6 years with little modifications.

In addition, they fell in the same trap of getting the table position too low that when the seat is in the bed position your keens will hit the table edge frequently making sleeping (especially when you sleep on our side) inconvenient

Frankly speaking, I am not impressed.
So I don't think this quite true and they attentively went out to avoid your bolding see below..

As per the Business Traveller review of this seat...

What about the table?

Much better. It’s been designed so that it won’t flex when you work on it or rest on it. It comes out from beneath the IFE screen and is a bi-fold table so doubles in size. It’s also been designed so you can push it away and exit the suite without having to take your items form the table. BA has also worked on allowing the table to be pushed further under the IFE screen so that when the bed is fully reclined you can turn over without your hip catching the edge of the folded up and recessed table.

Finally, there is an arm rest which can be pushed down during the flight to make more room. Unlike some versions of the seat, this does not have a storage space beneath it.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I've read something, somewhere (in all the pages I've read today), that the BSCT positions will be at the front bulkhead, and the the BSCT will go above the footwell (so presumably above/behind the TV. A somewhat elevated position perhaps?

I'm going to guess I read it on HeadforPoints
Bassinet positions are at 1K in the front cabin and 15 A and K in the mini cabin according to the seat map on BA
teledude likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.