Search
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JAXBA
Print Wikipost

New CW ‘Club Suite’ Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:55 am

I recall BA filed a patent previously about a seat that could swivel to the table (for working position) then towards the TV (for lounging and sleeping). Wonder what had happened to that?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I recall BA filed a patent previously about a seat that could swivel to the table (for working position) then towards the TV (for lounging and sleeping). Wonder what had happened to that?
New F maybe?
tia2013 and Pack like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Massively surprised to see they didn't opt for individual air vents in each seat but other than that it looks really smart.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Is this the end of the world as we know it? Are we really to abandon middle seats, ying/yang configuration, foot stools, the climb over/being climbed over thingy?

And not only the new A350s, the B777 to be retrofitted too? Is there no end to changes nowadays?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
For me the biggest change is the 1:2:1 configuration

Do you remember all those FT mock-ups of a ying-yang allowing direct aisle access posted on here

This is s big advance for the solo traveller

I wonder if the seats will feel as compact as the finnair A350 seats?

Can see now why they are upgrading FIRST
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Doesn't QF already have that?

I think the new BA seat looks great. Is it revolutionary, not at all. Q Suites were, this is simply bringing up BA to the same level as others. I'm sure with some finer detail and better tech (as expected when you release similar seat a few years later). How I like it will all depend on the size of the foot well. Some of these style seats I find have far too restrictive foot wells and it bothers me and I can't sleep, others have great leg space and it works really well as I turn a lot during the night.

A welcome change overall!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Isn't this the best J seat among major EU carriers?

I've recently seen 12 row on the A320 on ATH on the seat map. I am not sure if it stays with 12 rows but I guess I shall see!

I'd love to see the A350 on the likes of ATH. Some days in April have 6 flights per day and there seems to be plenty of demand for seats.

Anyway, I don't think we'd be seeing the A350 on the route, but it would be lovely to have those nice seats on long short haul flights too.

All of the aircraft have a moveable class divider that can run through several positions from row 4 to 12 on the mainline A320s.
All rows to 12 have CE capable seats.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA have filed lots of speculative patent application for lots of seat variations.

Design patent for the Club World seat revealed
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Looks good. I liked the seat on my Qatar flights which is basically what this is, with maybe a bit more storage by the looks of things.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by YClass
Doesn't QF already have that?

A welcome change overall!
O/T, but QF's seat only swivels from sleep/lounge/dine (toward the TV, angled) and takeoff and landing (forward facing), presumably to assist in safety certification. You can't do much else while the QF F seat's forward facing.

I'm assuming the door mechanism for this seat will be manual? Surely they wouldn't have put motors for the doors (weight, cost, something else to break down?)
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Purescotsman

All of the aircraft have a moveable class divider that can run through several positions from row 4 to 12 on the mainline A320s.
All rows to 12 have CE capable seats.
Sorry I wasn't clear, but I meant some seats were actually allocated down to row 12 on a particular flight, not the capabilities of how far CE can be extended, i.e. there must be a reasonable expectation to fill 12 rows in this particular case.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:21 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
All booked to try it out on the 350 to Dubai in October
11/10 BA107 in WT (currently)
14/10 BA106 in CS 1A/2A
Dubh and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver; SPG Gold; UA; DL; AA
Gotta say, I'm VERY impressed - as a (mainly) solo traveler on BA, this appears to be perfect. The only downside is that I'm NYC-based so our fleet of 747s and 777s won't see this for a decade, probably. Will it even fit on the 787s, which I hope are what eventually replace the 747s??
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by KARFA
BA have filed lots of speculative patent application for lots of seat variations.

Design patent for the Club World seat revealed
Got to keep those patent lawyers busy I guess
KARFA and nick.t.davies like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Looks great, although I always liked the current CW/J seat TBH.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to watch stuff from your phone on the HD IFE screen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.