Wiki Posts
Search

Saving boarding passes on Android 'passes'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
Saving boarding passes on Android 'passes'

Just switched from iPhone to Android, first time checking in via the app and whilst I can get the boarding pass through the app, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to save this to the 'passes' app to effectively replicate the Apple Wallet experience? or if they've any app recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just do a screenshot, it works perfectly well at gates off the standard Android screenshot photo. On most Androids that would mean pressing the on/off button and the Home (house) button at the same time.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Or using palm swipe if you have it on your phone and activated.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
Thanks both, took a screenshot for ease of use, and it seems relatively quick to load up the boarding pass from the app just in case.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The BA Android app has always been substandard compared to iOS - no push notifications for boarding status, no pass functionality. The easyJet app offers all this - including being able to save passes to Google pay.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Qatar Privilege Silver, Club Accor Platinum, IHG Gold
The Lufthansa app is really good, really quick with gate info, flight changes/delays etc. A pity the BA app wont even show the gate number at heathrow, let alone a foreign airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.