FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Historic flight prices (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1961304-historic-flight-prices.html)

scottish minnie Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Historic flight prices

This may seem an odd question- is there a way of checking flight prices from say 2018?

I'm trying to (unsuccessfully I suspect) work out my best strategy for booking a September US trip.

there are several options - all from Scotland. Nashville, Denver or Las Vegas round trips in September. Departing anywhere around 4/6 Sept for 16 days with car hire.

my dilemma is do I book now in the "sale" or do I wait as I think neither Las Vegas or Denver are in the current sale. I thought if I could do some comparison with last year's prices it may help.

Can I see old pricing on BA somewhere or not?

mikeyfly Mar 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Remember - just because there’s a banner saying there’s a sale doesn’t mean there’s a sale. Keep an eye on prices, watch out for alliance deals and BA quietly matching these. Most deals go totally unannounced and you need to be checking regularly. What cabin are you thinking? There’s currently prices in Club to LAS for £1220 exDublin right through to start of September

corporate-wage-slave Mar 17, 2019 3:15 pm

There is a Sale price tracker in the Continental Club Blog, which Google will find for you. It has got several years of data, albeit from London.

scottish minnie Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Thanks both. looking at Club World. Will look at the Google tracker.

I'm aware I may be oversimplifying but I'm reluctant to accept the current "sale" prices as the best final price.

Globaliser Mar 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by scottish minnie (Post 30898145)
Will look at the Google tracker.

For clarity, it's not a Google tracker. It's a blog run by continentalclub that includes posts recording past sale fares.

_fx Mar 17, 2019 7:00 pm

What airport specifically are you departing from, and do you only want BA or any airline?

JAXBA Mar 17, 2019 9:12 pm

While access to historical fares in a GDS is easy enough, historical availability is another matter. We’d never be able to see what booking codes were available unless a snapshot were taken at the time.

scottish minnie Mar 18, 2019 4:46 am

Originally Posted by _fx (Post 30898779)
What airport specifically are you departing from, and do you only want BA or any airline?

Glasgow and Edinburgh are the best options for me however was quite prepared to try ex INV but doesn't seem to be saving anything ( I may be doing something stupid though).

Would rather fly BA. Used to fly solely United or Delta but a couple of bad experiences have led me back to a British carrier. Don't dislike Air Lingus but the lack of tier points would bother me.

Often1 Mar 18, 2019 7:23 am

Have you considered AA operated? No surcharges.

scottish minnie Mar 18, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30900406)

no. Hadn't realised that. Presumably searching via the AA website rather than selecting an AA flight on the BA website?

Globaliser Mar 18, 2019 9:20 am

Originally Posted by scottish minnie (Post 30900898)

Originally Posted by Often1 (Post 30900406)

no. Hadn't realised that. Presumably searching via the AA website rather than selecting an AA flight on the BA website?

Would that make any/much difference to the total cost of travel on a cash ticket?