Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding soon after inbound landed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:53 am

I travel to Malaga frequently with many airlines, and this is pretty much standard practice there.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I had it at Malaga too. They called final boarding 35 mins before on a LCY flight thst came in early and we didn’t board for 15 mins. Also had it at LUX the other week as well. Very frustrating
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:14 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Often see this at GOA on BA's single daily flight and often they start the boarding process about 45 minutes before departure and everyone queues on the airbridge for 10-15 minutes. My theory is the contract ground staff are on a strict time limit (with possible incentivisation / penalties) for an on-time departure.

The staff (who are in BA uniforms) are contracted to other airlines throughout the day so you see the same staff 2 hours later dispatching an LH or AF flight, fully dressed in the LH or AF uniforms. So they probably have quite a strict time limit they are available to board and close the BA flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.