Wiki Posts
Search

#49 LHR-SEA 4+ hours late ? ( Sunday)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:14 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

#49 LHR-SEA 4+ hours late ? ( Sunday)

Watching this flight today . On time last when I checked earlier this morning. Now showing 4+ hour delay. How would I find the reason for the delay on this flight and future BA flights I may be following. Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by david55
How would I find the reason for the delay on this flight and future BA flights I may be following.
Are you flying on this flight today? If so, the best thing to do is to listen to the captain's pre-departure announcement; that is often the time when the delay is explained. Or you can ask the crew on board whether or not they know, and whether or not they can try to find out for you.

If you're just randomly watching BA flights, then often there will be delay code posted in the "Additional Comments" section of EF's flight status page for that flight. Or one of our helpful insiders might be able to find out for you.

Or you could try to guess wildly. Today, FR24 currently shows that the BA49/BA48 rotation is planned to be operated by G-CIVZ. But that aircraft only arrived from SAN at 1344, albeit ahead of schedule. As there is no way that a 747 could be turned around at LHR from a 1350 arrival to operate a 1430 departure to SEA, it seems possible that it is a late substitution for another aircraft that has gone sick or AWOL.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Our regular CIHY had mentioned a couple of 744s had some damage during the storms over the last week so maybe things are rather tight on this fleet.

Looks due to land under three hours lateBA 49Scheduled LHR
Term: 5
Gate: B48Scheduled:17/03/19 14:30Estimated:17/03/19 18:45Actual:70% / 19mSEA Scheduled:17/03/19 17:25Estimated:17/03/19 21:19Actual:
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Along with the loony tight turnaround (along with cleaning, the aircraft needs a mechanical check, and possibly any weekly checks performed), probably as mikefly said, it's reported a few 747's are out of action, a message on the system says a warning message from the previous flight needs to be looked at on IVZ - I know what it is but can't publicly say. They won't let if fly until they are sure it is safe, so delaying it for engineering to investigate it.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Well I guess it wasn't safe to fly since the flight has now been delayed until tomorrow.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, BA Gold
Amazing how this messes up the whole schedule. It'll take 3 days to get SEA sorted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.