Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Frequent flyer programme input when booking flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

I am looking to book a CX Economy ticket. I have no status with CX but have silver status with BA.
Must I put my BA Frequent flyer programme info when booking at CX site to entitle business lounge access?

Can I show my BA silver status membership card and CX boarding pass (which does not show my BA status) at the business lounge to gain access? The reason is I want to earn CX Asiamiles for this trip.

Thanks for your advice.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:23 am

Pretty sure you can credit to CX (booking using CX membership#) but still use your BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire) card for lounge entrance upon presenting yourself at the lounge, provided you're traveling on a OW operated flight. I'll let the more experienced confirm..
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC
You can do as described. You might also be able to set up your booking with you BAEC number so you can choose seats, but then switch to MP before you travel.

But what you can do is get a booking agent to set different values for FFP status and value. This means your status will be correctly profiled for the entire trip.

Usually the FFP fields FQTV (FFP to credit for value) and FQTS (FFP to use for status) are the same, but assuming you put your MP number into the booking, a reservation or customer service rep with the relevant training would be able to put your BAEC number into FQTS giving you all the status benefits automatically but allowing you credit back to MP.

Hope that's useful.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the advice, very detail and useful.

I just booked on CX website putting in my BA membership as FFP, and yes I can choose seat during the booking due to the status.
Just that I am not able to switch to MP now, the website does not seem to have an option to change that.
Maybe I will try to request it at check-in counter.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can change at check-in, or do it via Finnair. Remove the number, save/close, then add your CX number.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by plunet
...what you can do is get a booking agent to set different values for FFP status and value. This means your status will be correctly profiled for the entire trip.

Usually the FFP fields FQTV (FFP to credit for value) and FQTS (FFP to use for status) are the same, but ... put your BAEC number into FQTS giving you all the status benefits automatically...
Unfortunately, the FQTS field in Amadeus is simply free format, and does not validate the data entered (and so doesn’t automate benefits).

I can manually enter SILVER/SAPPHIRE, or I could enter UNOBTANIUM and the result would be the same.

FQTS is little more than an OSI.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
One caveat to observe. I have experienced when traveling AA domestic, crediting to AA as per reservstion, and printed on the BPs, but gaining access to lounges with my BAEC Gold card, is that the computer overrides reservation info and automatically credit flight(s) to AA.

Don't know if CX's using similar software, but may be good to know about thos loophole. Asking lounge/gate agent to check crediting FFP after a lounge visit could be helpful
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by starry55
I am looking to book a CX Economy ticket. I have no status with CX but have silver status with BA.
Must I put my BA Frequent flyer programme info when booking at CX site to entitle business lounge access?

Can I show my BA silver status membership card and CX boarding pass (which does not show my BA status) at the business lounge to gain access? The reason is I want to earn CX Asiamiles for this trip.

Thanks for your advice.
Where are you travelling from? It's always nice to get a report on lounges/travels!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.