747 updated or not?

Old Mar 17, 19, 5:20 am
Original Poster

747 updated or not?

Hi Guys,

Im heading from Heathrow to Denver on Friday on a BA 747. I seem to remember there is a way to know which aircraft it will be. I'd love to know whether I will be on a refurbished bird or not. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold
Looks like an unrefurbished MID J at the moment.
Old Mar 17, 19, 5:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
in my experience its typically the unrefurbished cabin--or im just that lucky! but hey, once on the upper deck, i'm always happy
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ayrshiredude View Post
Im heading from Heathrow to Denver on Friday on a BA 747. I seem to remember there is a way to know which aircraft it will be. I'd love to know whether I will be on a refurbished bird or not. Can anyone help?
The best way of finding out is to board the aircraft on the day, and hope that it doesn't go tech and have to be substituted.

Before that time, it can only be an educated guess. Aircraft can be changed as late as a couple of hours or so before departure if need be. So you will not get any advance certainty.

Insiders may be able to see the specific aircraft allocated to your flight from 3 or so days out, perhaps more - but that allocation can (and often does) change. Closer to the flight, you may be able to see the registration on FR24, but with the same caveat.

The only thing than an outsider can confidently say at this stage is that the aircraft is still planned to be a mid-J (52J) configuration, and that some of these have been refreshed and some have not: Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh. But I suspect that you already knew all that.
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott/SPG Gold
Are the F cabins being refreshed as well? Flying LHR-JFK this summer in F in 1A. Super excited for my first flight on a 747 regardless, but curious if any changes are forthcoming. Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
Are the F cabins being refreshed as well? Flying LHR-JFK this summer in F in 1A. Super excited for my first flight on a 747 regardless, but curious if any changes are forthcoming. Thanks!
Whole new amenities and dining / bedding. No change to cabin. See following thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ch-2019-a.html
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
No, but keep in mind the 747s had New First fitted after Club World, so First is currently a newer hard product than Club.
HofstraJet likes this.