Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Talking

Originally Posted by Can I help you

We can.
Nice!! Could be one or it could be all.....tomorrow will give the confirmation.
Can I help you and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by eugegall
The problem is that the fine people of this forum expect BA to reinvent the wheel.
Well, BA did reinvent the wheel when they launched flat beds in J. This was completely revolutionary. And a few of us consider that QR also reinvented the wheel with the Q Suite and that it brings a new era in J travel. So yes, we do want BA to be in that sort of league again and be pathbreakers, in part because we know that deep inside, they do have that potential talent for innovation.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
I wonder where we will see the reveal first? YouTube? Or maybe just a few pics on their social media accounts at 10.15?

I wonder if it’s just a CGI mock up still.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
After a recent visit with LH's B748 business class product in upper deck for a long haul, I can say BA's current CW is miles ahead of this selected LH Business class product, and CX/AA/JL's Business class looks like a F product in comparison.

So yes, BA will be ahead of its main European rival LH in Long Haul Business product for 5-10 years to come in terms of the hard product itself.
You know that LH already announced a new Business Class Seat?
HMPS likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I wonder where we will see the reveal first? YouTube? Or maybe just a few pics on their social media accounts at 10.15?

I wonder if it’s just a CGI mock up still.
That’ll be a neat trick to install it on the A350... very very soon then won’t it? 😀
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ha sorry I wasn’t quite clear, undoubtedly they’ve got the seat but as we know the A350 is not ready yet to be unveiled therefore to reveal a full cabin can’t be revealed tomorrow at 10.15? So unless they have built a full cabin mock up for tomorrow at Waterside/or somewhere, then I can only assume we will see the one real seat and a few CGIs!

Anyway we will see tomorrow.
Purescotsman likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
After 3 years what will replace the dull void in my life after tomorrow?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by creflo

Yes I am fully aware. The new seats will be available from 2020 (yes, still more than one year away!!!) on its B777-9 new fleet. However, that is no word on retrofit on B748/A330/A380 fleet (last year there is words that the same seats won't be available for other aircraft due to the width of the cabin).

That does not change my assessment that BA will lead over LH in long haul hard product in the coming 5-10 years. From 2020, LH will have a small fleet of new long haul business class seats and majority old business class product. While BA will have the new new CW seats and the already leading NG CW seats.
ELLX likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by chongcao
Yes I am fully aware. The new seats will be available from 2020 (yes, still more than one year away!!!) on its B777-9 new fleet. However, that is no word on retrofit on B748/A330/A380 fleet (last year there is words that the same seats won't be available for other aircraft due to the width of the cabin).

That does not change my assessment that BA will lead over LH in long haul hard product in the coming 5-10 years. From 2020, LH will have a small fleet of new long haul business class seats and majority old business class product. While BA will have the new new CW seats and the already leading NG CW seats.
Agree. Lufthansa is current way behind the current Club World, let alone the next gen. I cannot fathom why they are considered a 5* airline by Skytrax.
ELLX and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by creflo

A couple of years back and still not due to be fit to its first aircraft for a year!

Does LH get as much of a beating on their board as CW does on here! The current LH product makes CW look super futuristic!
HIDDY, MeltingAlf, Pack and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Does LH get as much of a beating on their board as CW does on here! The current LH product makes CW look super futuristic!
No idea what bashing it gets in the LH forum as I don't care what other people make of the seat as such (the only opinion that really matters to me is if I actually find it comfortable or not!), and I find the LH seats comfortable for sleeping and sitting in, but the lack of direct aisle access from their window seat (which is far more difficult than from a CW window seat) is a major problem to me and since I dislike being in the aisle seat in a pair, it presents me with a big problem. I definitely prefer CW.

Still, even LH J seats are better than the "I cannot believe they still have them!" slope seats on most QF aircraft (except for the A330s).
Old Mar 17, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
No idea what bashing it gets in the LH forum as I don't care what other people make of the seat as such (the only opinion that really matters to me is if I actually find it comfortable or not!), and I find the LH seats comfortable for sleeping and sitting in, but the lack of direct aisle access from their window seat (which is far more difficult than from a CW window seat) is a major problem to me and since I dislike being in the aisle seat in a pair, it presents me with a big problem. I definitely prefer CW.

Still, even LH J seats are better than the "I cannot believe they still have them!" slope seats on most QF aircraft (except for the A330s).
And of a large number of AF planes.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
QF only has one plane left with (intentionally) slopey seats. But yes Skybed 2 still exists with its unintentional droop.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by sxc
QF only has one plane left with (intentionally) slopey seats. But yes Skybed 2 still exists with its unintentional droop.
I fully count Skybed 2 as sloped because of the severity of the droop. It structurally never was designed to prevent drooping.

That's on top of the problem of lack of direct aisle access from the window seat.

No matter how much we moaned about the BA CW seats, none of them IMO is as bad as those QF ones (Skybed Mark I is out of the question).

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 17, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
Interesting piece by the AusBT.

How British Airways created the world's first business class bed

https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-british...tm_source=grid
This is an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
EDIwanderer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.