Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
There are two ways of designing such seats. AFAIK you can either have a lapbelt with an airbag in it OR you can have two seatbelts, with the 2nd belt being an 'over the shoulder' one used only for take-off and landing. Up to the airline. Not sure why an airline would have both.
three point seat belt much like your car when all used.

You would never need both as they do pretty much the same job when they comes to testing/safety.
its all about customers perceived preference I guess.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:53 pm

Just to summarise the top problem issues that were identified by the existing CW seat.

1. Stepover
2. Lack of privacy, in most but especially aisle seats
3. Lack of storage.
4. Lack of gate-to-gate IFE.

If those have been addressed then add in a bit of styling, can’t have gone too far wrong?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Purescotsman
Just to summarise the top problem issues that were identified by the existing CW seat.

1. Stepover
2. Lack of privacy, in most but especially aisle seats
3. Lack of storage.
4. Lack of gate-to-gate IFE.

If those have been addressed then add in a bit of styling, can’t have gone too far wrong?
I couldn't agree more and if they have addressed these issues then the product will be awesome.

The problem is that the fine people of this forum expect BA to reinvent the wheel.

Yes they revolutionised the business seat 20 years ago but if you think they can do this twice you must be living with the fairies. Companies hardly, if ever have done something truly revolutionary twice in a row!

Lower your expectations and enjoy tomorrow morning. I will.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by eugegall
I couldn't agree more and if they have addressed these issues then the product will be awesome.

The problem is that the fine people of this forum expect BA to reinvent the wheel.

Yes they revolutionised the business seat 20 years ago but if you think they can do this twice you must be living with the fairies. Companies hardly, if ever have done something truly revolutionary twice in a row!

Lower your expectations and enjoy tomorrow morning. I will.
Unless your Emirates and put a bar in an aircraft, followed by giving Centre seats with a window view
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Unless your Emirates and put a bar in an aircraft, followed by giving Centre seats with a window view
I said revolutionary, not gimmicky.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We already know the first two or three routes, not long now.
Do we?. What are they?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes “we” do, more news tomorrow I believe.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Indeed, the serial dissers will have to find some new way to slate the seat, if its now on par, or better than the average out there. With the upgraded new service it will be tough. Perhaps they will just fall back on Alex Cruz wearing a high-viz but I suspect the default will be on the inconsistency across the fleet (seemingly not a problem on QR) and then prices and avios availability spiking/ disappearing.
What you say has merit.
IF it takes five years as mentioned before or even two years, do we ASSUME the competition is asleep at the switch ?
It remains to be seen how the new seat will fare when used by many different pax. Never underestimate John Q Public to find / discover glitches real or imagined.

And IF the new seat takes the CUSTOMERS by a storm how will BA handle a "slap in the face" to its loyal F followers ?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:31 pm

Oh... couples seats/bed????
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Originally Posted by HMPS
What you say has merit.

And IF the new seat takes the CUSTOMERS by a storm how will BA handle a "slap in the face" to its loyal F followers ?
I hope by way of the improved F soft product beg brought in in a couple of weeks...its not unreasonable to assume the two announcements are not unrelated!
tigertanaka and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Can 'WE' confirm the new routes including any of:
1, PHX
2, SAN
3, MAD
4, DXB or
5, IAH?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:36 pm
Suspended

What you say has merit.
IF it takes five years as mentioned before or even two years, do we ASSUME the competition is asleep at the switch ?
After a recent visit with LH's B748 business class product in upper deck for a long haul, I can say BA's current CW is miles ahead of this selected LH Business class product, and CX/AA/JL's Business class looks like a F product in comparison.

So yes, BA will be ahead of its main European rival LH in Long Haul Business product for 5-10 years to come in terms of the hard product itself.
Padmeister and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
What you say has merit.
It remains to be seen how the new seat will fare when used by many different pax. Never underestimate John Q Public to find / discover glitches real or imagined.

Oh... it certainly won’t be popular with all. As you say some people genuinely won’t like it for one reason or other, personal geometry, having a TV shoved right in your face.

I suspect I’ll like certain aspects, dislike others but as with the current CW it will be fine

In regards to the competition. I can’t see another leap like we’ve seen in the last 5-6 years, there is simply not the space

I think the next moves will be with the tech, like using your phone app to remember your seat settings etc, what part of the film you were up to etc... like with cars
HMPS, rockflyertalk and opus99 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Oh... it certainly won’t be popular with all. As you say some people genuinely won’t like it for one reason or other ...
And for some people, the fact that it is BA is sufficient reason in itself to demonstrate that IT IS ALL WRONG.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by chongcao
Can 'WE' confirm the new routes including any of:
1, PHX
2, SAN
3, MAD
4, DXB or
5, IAH?
We can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.