Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
https://www.instagram.com/stories/british_airways/
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:06 am

Thanks, but it appears to be behind a sign-in wall unfortunately.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I couldn't find those videos - could you link please?
There 2 x 10 second clips are on BA’s Instagram ‘ ‘story’ which you can find at the very top of your Instagram feed on the mobile app and tap on the BA circular logo. Or navigate to their Instagram page and again tap on the logo top left, highlighted by a red/orange border around the logo.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
I haven’t actually flown CW for ages. Unfortunately that’s not because I’m flying loads of F, I’m down the back a lot.

Is the soft product any good these days? If you assume they’ll roll out the same soft product they’ve got at the moment, I’m curious as to what people think of it. For me, the current CW is seat is/has always been fine. It does a job in terms of getting a decent sleep and is fairly comfortable. In the past though, I think the soft products been pretty rubbish. Food/wine mediocre, amenity kits became a complete afterthought, ‘Club kitchen’ sparse, no real other extras apart from maybe a hot towel.

That’s where there’s an opportunity with this new seat as I’d hope they roll out a soft product to match
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thanks, but it appears to be behind a sign-in wall unfortunately.
If you don’t have an account (its free) then here are the other 2 screenshots from the Instagram story. You aren’t missing much from what’s on this thread. I posted the 3rd screenshot up a few posts.

Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
If you don’t have an account (its free) then here are the other 2 screenshots from the Instagram story. You aren’t missing much from what’s on this thread. I posted the 3rd screenshot up a few posts.
No I don't have an account (I avoid social media), so no worries about the videos. Thanks for the static images though
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

The reduction in the size of the F cabin will help BA will mitigate this difference. Total number of seats may not change that much and the BA revenue management team appears to be a fairly highly skilled group.

Agree with this, BA will continue to exploit LHR hegemony and captive markets as much as possible, though one suspects the BA marketing department will make it seem like the new seat is on every flight...also BA’s current airframe shortage may well contribute to a slower rollout if it continues, it seems to have affected the 777 refurb/densification programme in this regard.

I’ve no idea which seat it will be, though the “gate to gate IFE” statement does narrow the field a bit. All the favourites being named in this and the other thread would be an upgrade on current CW for me, so I’m generally positive about this (add dine on demand in CW and I’d definitely be back more often). I am also looking forward to some of those who’ve lambasted “foot coffins” on other airlines finding a way to say that BA’s version of the same seat is the best thing since sliced bread...
As a foot coffin hater, I’ve always stated that it will be a shame to lose the current CW seat, of which I have little issue, not needing to store any specs.

I was hoping for the JL seat but it looks like it’s not to be.

I’m sure the new seat will be great and for most a step up, I suspect we will get a lot of gripes from regular CW dissers on the foot coffin and lack of space in front of your face, that people probably take for granted.

Will just have to fly F more often I guess!

bermudasun likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Oneworldwheelsup
Will take place tomorrow!
Great ... we can start a new thread about the reality, instead of perpetuating this rumour one.

It would, IMO, be useful to have the NEW thread start with the actual reveal. Just saying.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Great ... we can start a new thread about the reality, instead of perpetuating this rumour one.

It would, IMO, be useful to have the NEW thread start with the actual reveal. Just saying.
Alright already That's what the Wiki will be for.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Interesting piece by the AusBT.

How British Airways created the world's first business class bed

https://www.ausbt.com.au/how-british...tm_source=grid
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by icegirl; Mar 17, 2019 at 7:50 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
As a foot coffin hater, I’ve always stated that it will be a shame to lose the current CW seat, of which I have little issue, not needing to store any specs.

I was hoping for the JL seat but it looks like it’s not to be.

I’m sure the new seat will be great and for most a step up, I suspect we will get a lot of gripes from regular CW dissers on the foot coffin and lack of space in front of your face, that people probably take for granted.

Will just have to fly F more often I guess!

Indeed
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
So how many avios for a broken suite door?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
I am also looking forward to some of those who’ve lambasted “foot coffins” on other airlines finding a way to say that BA’s version of the same seat is the best thing since sliced bread...
A very interesting dynamic on this forum will be played out indeed.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
It is not the JL seat and not First Class level either, but I'm sure many of you here will like it
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
People who have been calling for improved CW seats and profusely complained about the outdated "rubbish seats" while utilizing very low CW fares may well have some regrets in the future when the improved seats become standard and fares go up enormously. Clearly, if it's anything like the Waterfront seat, it would drastically reduce the number of seats that fit into the same cabin area so the fares would have to go up to justify it.
bmibaby737 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.