Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Some
Also on the pricing point, I tend to believe that ex-EU flights will become slightly rarer and possibly slightly more expensive but they aren’t going to die out any time soon, there will still be excess capacity BA need to fill on various routes with connecting passengers even with the new seat, it’s just that flights directly from LHR will likely see a larger increase in pricing on the routes that get the new seat. Having said that, there is something of a price cap for BA given that BA is still in a place where they have to offer F for c£2k directly from LHR to fill it, I refuse to believe BA are going to deploy the new seat to EWR with no discounting when you could instead pick up F from JFK for £2k. It’ll just be priced somewhere between current Club World and current First.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Anyone know the bed length for this super diamond model?

I absolutely love the look of everything about this but...

At 6’2” if the bed is enclosed and 6’ or under I find it exceedingly difficult to sleep. Here’s hoping it has some length.

Last edited by RobDBA; Mar 17, 2019 at 5:02 am
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Also on the pricing point, I tend to believe that ex-EU flights will become slightly rarer and possibly slightly more expensive but they aren’t going to die out any time soon, there will still be excess capacity BA need to fill on various routes with connecting passengers even with the new seat, it’s just that flights directly from LHR will likely see a larger increase in pricing on the routes that get the new seat. Having said that, there is something of a price cap for BA given that BA is still in a place where they have to offer F for c£2k directly from LHR to fill it, I refuse to believe BA are going to deploy the new seat to EWR with no discounting when you could instead pick up F from JFK for £2k. It’ll just be priced somewhere between current Club World and current First.
The initial aircraft are only likely to have an 8 seater F cabin, so I doubt undercutting of F will arise.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The photo enhanced by Prospero earlier in the thread looks more like there is a gap between the two distinctive layers of vertical objects (there is a shadow between the two), which makes it look more like a door than a screen around it like the Super Diamond or many other J class seats, which makes me hopeful.
I agree. Based on the other photos/mock-ups on the Internet the vertical two-tone/material part should be part of the door, esp because it's pretty much straight down vs the often curved shell designs. I just wanted to mention that just because there is some object there it doesn't have to be a door but could also be part of a regular shell/screen.
Based on what AC said so far ('nobody else has the seat we use' but also 'we scrapped the idea of doing our own development but started off with something industry standard') I assume it's the Super Diamond (AA etc has them) but with a door.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by percysmith
OK. Air Canada is the more appropriate comparison, so it's 26 vs 32. Still 23% more space.
The reduction in the size of the F cabin will help BA will mitigate this difference. Total number of seats may not change that much and the BA revenue management team appears to be a fairly highly skilled group.

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
In terms of roll out speed, I tend to believe even if it becomes possible to roll out the new seat faster than this, BA doesn’t want to. The new seat will surely be tactically deployed on routes where it allows BA to charge more at first, why exactly would BA rush to roll this out on routes like Charleston and San Diego where they are the only airline flying directly though? If there’s one thing BA management are, it’s highly commercial, and I think they see that there are routes where this seat will be commercially beneficial and routes where actually it will be more profitable to continue with the current Club World layout for now. They’re not rolling a new seat out because FTers have been asking for it, they’re doing it to make more money!
Agree with this, BA will continue to exploit LHR hegemony and captive markets as much as possible, though one suspects the BA marketing department will make it seem like the new seat is on every flight...also BA’s current airframe shortage may well contribute to a slower rollout if it continues, it seems to have affected the 777 refurb/densification programme in this regard.

I’ve no idea which seat it will be, though the “gate to gate IFE” statement does narrow the field a bit. All the favourites being named in this and the other thread would be an upgrade on current CW for me, so I’m generally positive about this (add dine on demand in CW and I’d definitely be back more often). I am also looking forward to some of those who’ve lambasted “foot coffins” on other airlines finding a way to say that BA’s version of the same seat is the best thing since sliced bread...
rossmacd likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I agree. Based on the other photos/mock-ups on the Internet the vertical two-tone/material part should be part of the door, esp because it's pretty much straight down vs the often curved shell designs. I just wanted to mention that just because there is some object there it doesn't have to be a door but could also be part of a regular shell/screen.
I agree also.

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Based on what AC said so far ('nobody else has the seat we use' but also 'we scrapped the idea of doing our own development but started off with something industry standard') I assume it's the Super Diamond (AA etc has them) but with a door.
This is an intriguing point, so Super Diamond with door, possibly; Waterfront with door, perhaps; or Waterfront without door, maybe. The pictures of the Waterfront seat we have seen are prototype examples, so it is possible the reshaped armrest belongs to a later iteration or pre-production mock-up. Or, possibly something completely different
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:22 am

New club seat reveal

The new Club World seat will be revealed tomorrow!!
stevie likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:23 am

New club world seat reveal

Will take place tomorrow!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
2 videos on the BA Instagram story. Plus a countdown to the unveil... 10:15 tomorrow morning
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oneworldwheelsup
The new Club World seat will be revealed tomorrow!!
Originally Posted by Oneworldwheelsup
Will take place tomorrow!
As you just said
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
For anyone looking for more info on the Rockwell Collins Waterfront:

Waterfront Suite - TEAGUE
https://www.formationdesign.com/wate...-business-seat
Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC
More of the teasing ‘armrest’ if indeed it is an armrest?

Old Mar 17, 2019, 6:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
More of the teasing ‘armrest’ if indeed it is an armrest?
It looks like something different from the earlier picture of a possible 'armrest'.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by woody90
2 videos on the BA Instagram story. Plus a countdown to the unveil... 10:15 tomorrow morning
I couldn't find those videos - could you link please?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

The seat really gives off more of an F vibe imo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.