Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by gw76
A brand new flashy CW will make F look a bit past its sell by. When will there likely be a type that could feasibly have new19 CW but old F ?
F is all about space. A super diamond may have somewhere to put your specs, its footprint is about 33% smaller than the BA F seat (777) though
LTN Phobia and etiene like this.

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Mar 16, 2019 at 9:28 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
'Teasing' as we all know works, whether you're into it or not! Trailers for films are a prime example, as well as many other marketing ploys, it get social media stirred up, drives traffic to sites etc etc. It's certainly helping FT! So I don't quite understand why some are saying just reveal it, maybe you're the ones not into teasing, fair enough - each to our own - but its one thing we tend to lack into todays connected world is the element of surprise and this constant instant gratification, then move on to the next thing I find a negative aspect todays world.
indeed marketing 101
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I'd image the vast majority of the forum would appreciate everyone just holding back on the 'Submit' button for now, until and unless there's something genuinely new and contributive to add to the discussion.
I’d appreciate you not starting a new thread while there is already another one started by hemschmall who is an insider, unlike you...
SK, Blueboys999, HIDDY and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
If it is the Elements seat (Super Diamond + doors), there's a pic floating around showing a 28 seat configuration between doors 1& 2 on the 777. BA currently squeeze 32 in that space with NGCW. A modest reduction but with all aisle access and somewhere to actually put stuff I'd fly them a lot more often!

Looking forward to seeing more details.
stevie and Purescotsman like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Takiteasy

I’d appreciate you not starting a new thread while there is already another one started by hemschmall who is an insider, unlike you...
takeiteasy
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

They may have chosen something that fits the smaller fuselage on the B787 and gone for consistency.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
Sorry to just post a link, but I’m really hoping for something like this (effectively the Elements seat, but this shows it in a more realistic configuration than the J/F hybrid version shown elsewhere). https://www.formationdesign.com/wate...-business-seat
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:56 am

to be fair you are here commenting on it. 😜
and being an insider doesn’t always mean your are actually correct or that you’re not giving away too much information.
but then anonymity has its perks right? 😂
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191
In which case, “What’s to discuss?” A photo of a bit of an armrest?

Feel free to delete my post, and in the meantime I’ll unsubscribe from the Thread. Cheers.
Quite, I was scratching my head too and fully agreed with the sentiments in your original post!

There is literally nothing new to discuss is there other than a Twitter post telling us nothing we don’t already know. (Which of course is a topic close to many FTers hearts).

I think the word ‘re-imagined’ was used in the BBC’s W1A. I quite enjoy playing W1A bingo to see how many phrases people use!

I’m looking forward to seeing the full product rather than just the arm rest (assuming it’s not really a footstool re-imagined).
Stez likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by estate
If it is the Elements seat (Super Diamond + doors), there's a pic floating around showing a 28 seat configuration between doors 1& 2 on the 777. BA currently squeeze 32 in that space with NGCW. A modest reduction but with all aisle access and somewhere to actually put stuff I'd fly them a lot more often!

Looking forward to seeing more details.
so, BA just take out the old seats and put the new ones in is what i’m taking from that. The rest of the config remains the same.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

Some added words of explanation : BA have broken cover and indicated with the Tweet that the CW relaunch is imminent. When projects like this move from speculation to realisation, as soon as there's external publicity we get many new eyes on the forum wanting info on what's actually happening. In these circumstances, it's normal FT SOP to restart threads anew (with a link back to the previous speculative discussion for those who are interested), and that's all that's happened here.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chris87
Sorry to just post a link, but I’m really hoping for something like this (effectively the Elements seat, but this shows it in a more realistic configuration than the J/F hybrid version shown elsewhere). https://www.formationdesign.com/wate...-business-seat

Waterfront seat for a client based at Waterside....?? ;-)

4K TV screen would fit with the "revolutionary" IFE or whatever they called it.

Ha, seems I'm not the only one to make the naming connection, and to be fair, they did it first: https://onemileatatime.com/could-thi...ss-class-seat/

More details of the Waterfront seat here: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/04/pan...ss-class-seat/
ELLX likes this.

Last edited by estate; Mar 16, 2019 at 11:04 am
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by PETER01
Annoying for non FTrs too I'd imagine. Seems the wrong strategy to me personally. Just reveal it in one go would be my strategy . Anyhow I'll say no more until its revealed.
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Peter,

it's a way of teasing us for a few days before giving us the big reveal! They will go all out with a BANG I reckon and make a big thing of it ��
True but I just like things simplified. Teasers for what is a seat is a little bit overboard in my humble view. That apart and looking at the bigger picture I'm sure direct aisle access will be very popular and a big improvement from the current CW in that respect.

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
like the gocompare adverts, it’s annoying but it has got you talking about it!

I'm sure there'll be plenty of comparing once its launched and folks start using it but I get your point.

Originally Posted by Lefly
Aren't they risking a "That's it?" effect with all this tease/suspense?
This being the BA board, even if they took the very best bits from other carriers seats and rolled it into this new one there would still be criticisms
TRISTAR1979 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PETER01

This being the BA board, even if they took the very best bits from other carriers seats and rolled it into this new one there would still be criticisms

haha, fair -- but its BA so we know now that they will likely take the best bits, find a way to make it cheaper and cut it by half at that then introduce as a new CW!

shins be damned
TRISTAR1979 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Looks like Ben (OMAAT) has cracked it!!

https://onemileatatime.com/could-thi...ss-class-seat/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.