Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
First BA Twitter post:
https://twitter.com/British_Airways/status/1106857665068707840

BA Instragram post with 4 photos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvEKjO-n9hg/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14p0om4wqz650

Print Wikipost

Arriving soon ... the new re-imagined BA Club World Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes it is but it is also expected to provide a brief summary of what is included in the link.
... and is not particularly useful when the same link has already been provided twice upthread : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30894366-post42.html
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
There’s some interesting analysis / speculation on OMATT.

https://onemileatatime.com/could-thi...ss-class-seat/

(It’s okay to post external links right?)
Very interesting. What the article say's when adjustments are made to the teaser photo's contrast and exposure settings, what is revealed could be a screen or door to the right hand side of the arm rest (as viewed). Here is my own photoshop adjustment.

Unprocessed

Processed
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
While excited that BA is finally introducing a new Club World seat, I am old enough to remember the time it took for the whole fleet to get the flat bed and the inevitable disappointment that occurred when passengers flew for more than a year afterwards and did not experience it due to the slow roll out.
You are looking at least 5 years.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
That OMAAT speculation seems heavily reliant on an armrest with “similar geometry”, however the example they show does not look similar at all IMO.

That armrest is angled in the front to make a larger space for Ingres and egress where the teaser shot armrest is a right angle. It follows that the new seat’s armrest does not impede access due to being in a different position to the prototype seat shown.

Yes, BA could have modified that prototype seat but equally it could be something altogether different

Quite impressed at the level of secrecy they have maintained. Having worked on product launches for a well known software company, I know how hard you have to work to keep these things under wraps.

Looking forward to trying it on G-XWBA as soon as they let us regular folk on it.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by icegirl
Precisely.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
Not interested in the slightest.

1) CW is fine for what it is, comfortable enough for sleeping - if you don’t like stepping over people choose an aisle or pay for F.
But those on the aisle get stepped over which many of us dislike as well.
T8191, Lefly and ELLX like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
thats all rather pessimistic don’t you think?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Should we all stop saying Club World? I have avoided that name in my posts when referencing this seat..it’s great to think we have a completely new product and new name.

As I mentioned about the teasing Onemileatatime is doing well out of the teasing, even if Ben is speculating on behalf of someone else’s speculation. Well done BA the PR is working.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:49 pm

I seem to remember it was quite a long time from the teaser images of the F product on the 787 being released to the full details being published, so I hope we don't have to wait so long this time.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Should we all stop saying Club World? I have avoided that name in my posts when referencing this seat..it’s great to think we have a completely new product and new name.
Not in my opinion.

Although far from a marketing/brand expert, the Club World brand is understood if perhaps devalued by the hard product that this behind the competition.

I think BA should focus their time and budget on promoting the new seat and not on re branding their Business Class product. IMHO.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by Prospero
What the article say's when adjustments are made to the teaser photo's contrast and exposure settings, what is revealed could be a screen or door to the right hand side of the arm rest (as viewed). Here is my own photoshop adjustment.
While I'd love to have the door confirmed at this point the normal Super Diamond seat also has a shell around it that could be what has been revealed with your photo:
https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Prod...nd-Family.aspx

Scroll half way through the page to see the Super Diamond seat.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Should we all stop saying Club World?
BA haven’t stopped; today’s social media posts refer to the new Club World seat.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:43 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
People who have been calling for improved CW seats and profusely complained about the outdated "rubbish seats" while utilizing very low CW fares may well have some regrets in the future when the improved seats become standard and fares go up enormously. Clearly, if it's anything like the Waterfront seat, it would drastically reduce the number of seats that fit into the same cabin area so the fares would have to go up to justify it.

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
While I'd love to have the door confirmed at this point the normal Super Diamond seat also has a shell around it that could be what has been revealed with your photo:
https://www.rockwellcollins.com/Prod...nd-Family.aspx

Scroll half way through the page to see the Super Diamond seat.
The photo enhanced by Prospero earlier in the thread looks more like there is a gap between the two distinctive layers of vertical objects (there is a shadow between the two), which makes it look more like a door than a screen around it like the Super Diamond or many other J class seats, which makes me hopeful.

In fact, if I had that door, I'd rather be in J than open F.
LimaWhiskey likes this.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 16, 2019 at 11:12 pm
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
In fact, if I had that door, I'd rather be in J than open F.
This is going to be one of the issues for BA, as has been previously stated. It will be interesting to see how BA react and adjust.

rb211.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:12 am

The slam dunk for me (and as pointed out on the OMAAT thread by a commenter) is that the walls and doors on the Waterfront concept match the patterns on the recently updated CW crockery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.