Food on an afternoon flight to US

Old Mar 15, 19, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Food on an afternoon flight to US

Hello,

Sunday I am flying for the first time in Club World to Philadelphia at 16:00 on BA67, a Boeing 747.

I was wondering what I can expect for food timings so I can plan to do some work? I'd rather not take my laptop out if we are eating lunch/dinner (?!) an hour after taking off at 17:00. I've tried to search but I'm not sure what to expect so I can plan my work accordingly. Thank you.

Also will the flight have wi fi? I'm not sure how to tell?

Thank you
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MikkelErikson View Post
Hello,

Sunday I am flying for the first time in Club World to Philadelphia at 16:00 on BA67, a Boeing 747.

I was wondering what I can expect for food timings so I can plan to do some work? I'd rather not take my laptop out if we are eating lunch/dinner (?!) an hour after taking off at 17:00. I've tried to search but I'm not sure what to expect so I can plan my work accordingly. Thank you.

Also will the flight have wi fi? I'm not sure how to tell?

Thank you
You’ll get the full meal after takeoff followed by afternoon tea of sandwiches/scones or a cold plate of meats around 90-60 minutes out. Sometimes ploughman’s or fancy plates of meat/cheese.
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. Ok, so dinner will be early. Thanks, I haven't experienced such an awkward time regarding meals!

Thank you once again!
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The second meal is afternoon tea with a choice of sandwiches or tapas.
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It will be served at around 17.30, you won’t be airborne until around 16.30.
Old Mar 15, 19, 11:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Once again helpful information is forthcoming including from our very helpful staffer and very experienced CSD, Can I help you

I believe flightradar24.com is good for finding out the registration number and subsequently you can find out from the Wifi thread on the ba board if it has it or not.

On-board WiFi: soft launch is underway

Welcome to flyertalk MikkelErikson, your most welcome here and the BA Forum Dashboard is a very good source of information regarding BA and oneworld matters as well.
Old Mar 15, 19, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Thank you Peter et al.

Yes, I've flown a number of times, around 2 club world trips per year with work seems to just qualify me for silver each year. I've never flown at 4pm before, I always seem to fly late morning (meaning lunch is served at a usual time) or later in the afternoon/evening! I do enjoy flying, and would love to do it more often!

I'll certainly be reading more on this website, you seem very helpful and knowledgable! Perhaps I'll even figure out what to do with my 140k avios points!
Old Mar 15, 19, 12:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by MikkelErikson View Post
Thank you Peter et al.

Yes, I've flown a number of times, around 2 club world trips per year with work seems to just qualify me for silver each year. I've never flown at 4pm before, I always seem to fly late morning (meaning lunch is served at a usual time) or later in the afternoon/evening! I do enjoy flying, and would love to do it more often!

I'll certainly be reading more on this website, you seem very helpful and knowledgable! Perhaps I'll even figure out what to do with my 140k avios points!
Well, you've come to the right place for advice but I'm a minnow compared to many here re knowledge but I do try and help where I can but time on FT for me for the time being is scarce just now.

Headforpoints.com is also quite good re Avios deals, how to spend them etc but for me personally using them to upgrade from world traveller plus into business is the sweet spot, subject to availability of course. Enjoy reading the Stickys/Dashboard
Old Mar 15, 19, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
It is funny how on timings like this they don't serve dinner, with something like 'late supper' as the 2nd meal.
Old Mar 15, 19, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
It is funny how on timings like this they don't serve dinner, with something like 'late supper' as the 2nd meal.
That kicks in on departures after 5pm.
Old Mar 16, 19, 12:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences View Post
not sure most people consider three crappy finger sandwiches supper of any type

but I think it’s important to remember on a lot of these later flights - less the 4pm but more those that leave at 5pm or later - that most people are on UK time and want a big meal and then to relax/sleep for the rest of the flight. That said, Dine on Demand would still be a far better approach.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 19, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss View Post
That kicks in on departures after 5pm.
hmm... no, you don’t get ‘supper’ then as a second meal but a ‘refreshment’ which is basically the tea with no choice (only the tapas plate) and no scones. It is even poorer than the tea alternative...