FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Food on an afternoon flight to US (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1961013-food-afternoon-flight-us.html)

MikkelErikson Mar 15, 2019 9:31 am

Food on an afternoon flight to US

Hello,

Sunday I am flying for the first time in Club World to Philadelphia at 16:00 on BA67, a Boeing 747.

I was wondering what I can expect for food timings so I can plan to do some work? I'd rather not take my laptop out if we are eating lunch/dinner (?!) an hour after taking off at 17:00. I've tried to search but I'm not sure what to expect so I can plan my work accordingly. Thank you.

Also will the flight have wi fi? I'm not sure how to tell?

Thank you

Schwann Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MikkelErikson (Post 30890639)
Hello,

Sunday I am flying for the first time in Club World to Philadelphia at 16:00 on BA67, a Boeing 747.

I was wondering what I can expect for food timings so I can plan to do some work? I'd rather not take my laptop out if we are eating lunch/dinner (?!) an hour after taking off at 17:00. I've tried to search but I'm not sure what to expect so I can plan my work accordingly. Thank you.

Also will the flight have wi fi? I'm not sure how to tell?

Thank you

You’ll get the full meal after takeoff followed by afternoon tea of sandwiches/scones or a cold plate of meats around 90-60 minutes out. Sometimes ploughman’s or fancy plates of meat/cheese.

MikkelErikson Mar 15, 2019 9:41 am

Thank you for your response. Ok, so dinner will be early. Thanks, I haven't experienced such an awkward time regarding meals!

Thank you once again!

Can I help you Mar 15, 2019 9:42 am

The second meal is afternoon tea with a choice of sandwiches or tapas.

Can I help you Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

It will be served at around 17.30, you won’t be airborne until around 16.30.

PETER01 Mar 15, 2019 11:34 am

Once again helpful information is forthcoming including from our very helpful staffer and very experienced CSD, Can I help you

I believe flightradar24.com is good for finding out the registration number and subsequently you can find out from the Wifi thread on the ba board if it has it or not.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...derway-17.html

Welcome to flyertalk MikkelErikson, your most welcome here and the BA Forum Dashboard is a very good source of information regarding BA and oneworld matters as well.

MikkelErikson Mar 15, 2019 11:46 am

Thank you Peter et al.

Yes, I've flown a number of times, around 2 club world trips per year with work seems to just qualify me for silver each year. I've never flown at 4pm before, I always seem to fly late morning (meaning lunch is served at a usual time) or later in the afternoon/evening! I do enjoy flying, and would love to do it more often!

I'll certainly be reading more on this website, you seem very helpful and knowledgable! Perhaps I'll even figure out what to do with my 140k avios points!

PETER01 Mar 15, 2019 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by MikkelErikson (Post 30891196)
Thank you Peter et al.

Yes, I've flown a number of times, around 2 club world trips per year with work seems to just qualify me for silver each year. I've never flown at 4pm before, I always seem to fly late morning (meaning lunch is served at a usual time) or later in the afternoon/evening! I do enjoy flying, and would love to do it more often!

I'll certainly be reading more on this website, you seem very helpful and knowledgable! Perhaps I'll even figure out what to do with my 140k avios points!

Well, you've come to the right place for advice but I'm a minnow compared to many here re knowledge but I do try and help where I can but time on FT for me for the time being is scarce just now.

Headforpoints.com is also quite good re Avios deals, how to spend them etc but for me personally using them to upgrade from world traveller plus into business is the sweet spot, subject to availability of course. Enjoy reading the Stickys/Dashboard :)

Flexible preferences Mar 15, 2019 1:26 pm

It is funny how on timings like this they don't serve dinner, with something like 'late supper' as the 2nd meal.

World Traveller Fuss Mar 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 30891583)
It is funny how on timings like this they don't serve dinner, with something like 'late supper' as the 2nd meal.

That kicks in on departures after 5pm.

MTJ Bound Mar 16, 2019 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences (Post 30891583)

not sure most people consider three crappy finger sandwiches supper of any type

but I think it’s important to remember on a lot of these later flights - less the 4pm but more those that leave at 5pm or later - that most people are on UK time and want a big meal and then to relax/sleep for the rest of the flight. That said, Dine on Demand would still be a far better approach.

orbitmic Mar 16, 2019 1:47 am

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss (Post 30892354)
That kicks in on departures after 5pm.

hmm... no, you don’t get ‘supper’ then as a second meal but a ‘refreshment’ which is basically the tea with no choice (only the tapas plate) and no scones. It is even poorer than the tea alternative...