Wiki Posts
Search

How can I get a cancellation invoice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Priority Club Platinum, SPG, Tufty Club
How can I get a cancellation invoice

I recently had to cancel some BA flights, they had been bopoked on-line and were cancelled on-line. Due to the reason for cancelling I'm able to claim on my travel insurance but the insurers are insisting on a cancellation invoice showing the amount forfeited.
As far as I'm aware BA don't issue cancellation invoices, the email from BA confirming the cancellation shows the ticket numbers but not the amount lost. I've sent the insurers a copy of the email together with a copy of my CC statement showing the credit from BA (for the taxes etc) which includes the ticket numbers, dates of flights and routing but apparently this isn't sufficient for them and they will only accept a 'cancellation invoice'.
Any ideas how I might be able to get BA to confirm the amount lost in the hope that the insurers will accept this?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Will https://www.britishairways.com/trave...stomer_receipt do what you're looking for?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks Globaliser, might do the trick, I'll give it a try.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:56 pm

Slightly easier to remember is ba.com/receipt which takes you to the same page.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Well I used the link as shown above and eventually got an email back which confirms the cancellation but no price, no breakdown of costs etc despite choosing the appropriate option in the list. So basically all I got was exactly the same as I was originally sent i.e confirmation of the cancellation and the ticket numbers but nothing else.
Any idea if it's worth giving customer relations a call or is there anyone else I should be contacting about this, the clock is ticking on my insurance claim so I want to get it sorted ASAP.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BAWatson
Slightly easier to remember is ba.com/receipt which takes you to the same page.
I had a medical cancellation and insurance claim and this did the job. I had no complaints with what was sent through.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Englishlee0710
Well I used the link as shown above and eventually got an email back which confirms the cancellation but no price, no breakdown of costs etc despite choosing the appropriate option in the list. So basically all I got was exactly the same as I was originally sent i.e confirmation of the cancellation and the ticket numbers but nothing else.
Any idea if it's worth giving customer relations a call or is there anyone else I should be contacting about this, the clock is ticking on my insurance claim so I want to get it sorted ASAP.
Fill out the form again stating that the document you received does not have any amounts on it, and you'd like a PDF breakdown.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks BA6501, I'll try that.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:41 am

How did it go?

Originally Posted by Englishlee0710
Thanks BA6501, I'll try that.
Hey, how did you manage this? I have the exact same problem with BA and insurance company.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Craciun
Hey, how did you manage this? I have the exact same problem with BA and insurance company.
What is the issue?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What is the issue?
I have to provide a cancelation invoice from BA in order to claim my travel insurance, but the receipt generated by BA doesn't breakdown the costs (some taxes were refunded as per their policy),
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:55 am
Suspended

Did you use the webform? Did you not receive an email stating what would be refunded to your original form of payment?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:08 am

Nope. When I canceled my flight I got a cancelation email confirmation that didn't include any costs breakdown. I then completed the ba.com/receipt form requesting a full breakdown for my booking.
I got it after one month, but it doesn't mention the refund. It's basically the original receipt. This is so frustrating as their CS claims they can't help and I want to submit my claim with the insurance company asap so any input much appreciated. Thanks for your time
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Craciun
Nope. When I canceled my flight I got a cancelation email confirmation that didn't include any costs breakdown. I then completed the ba.com/receipt form requesting a full breakdown for my booking.
I got it after one month, but it doesn't mention the refund. It's basically the original receipt. This is so frustrating as their CS claims they can't help and I want to submit my claim with the insurance company asap so any input much appreciated. Thanks for your time
was the total cost refunded? if so can you submit the original e-ticket and also a copy of your card statement showing the same amount refunded?
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:13 am
Suspended

What have you been refunded? Can't you show your original booking receipt and point to the refund that's you've already received? I'm presuming you're asking your insurance to cover the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.