Vote for the worst and best lounge

Old Mar 17, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilčge, Air Canada Aeroplan
Another ‘worst’ vote for the ‘temporary’ (now almost 18 months) lounge at YYZ. Awful.

best: hmm, maybe the new Gatwick one?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Limited experience compared with most here, but a big tick for the La Valette lounge at MLA.

Space and light, decent food and beverages, and a large outside terrace for plane-spotting and smoking (or just relaxing in the fresh air).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GFL
Favourites are QF F SYD and CX F Pier (the wing, not so much although obviously its still very good)
Most improved are AA Flagship especially ORD and JFK, just amazing compared to how they used to be not long ago

"worst" lounge is a bit of a first world sort of problem but i do think the BA lounges at ORD are a bit poor although the staff are always friendly. Its mainly the contract lounges around Europe that seem to me to be generally a bit grim
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Must have been really bad man flu... there isn't a Number 1 lounge at MAN
apologies, meant Escape, honestly don't know why I typed number 1 except I was thinking about a bad (but not my worst) experience st number 1 lounge at heathrow as I was typing.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:33 pm

I quite like the Singapore lounge. It seems quite spacious and the food has improved in the last couple of years
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
I’ve only gone into two lounges and gone “WOW”.

These were the Virgin Clubhouse st LHR and the Turkish CIP Lounge at IST. I’ve also loved the BHD lounge Direct Boarding, and after it was upgraded it was very comfortable.

I have the CCR to look forward to next month for the first time - let’s see if I go “WOW” there as well.

My worst ever was the Flybe Lounge at GTW. My dentist’s waiting room was more comfortable as were several bus stations I have frequented...

The Penang comments are interesting as I’m flying there next month. Hopefully it won’t be too bad!

Last edited by CoweyB; Mar 22, 2019 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:08 am

Best - Qatar Premium at BKK. Beautiful tranquil lounge, lovely food, attentive service from staff (they come and tell you personally when its time to head for the gate)

Worst: HRE (probably doesn't exist any more) - stiflingly warm, no a/c, what looked like 2 day old sandwiches and quite filthy. Aspire longe at LGW N (Used by QR) is shockingly poor.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Best as others have said is either the Al Safwa at DOH or The Pier at HKG - Pier probably tips it for me as the restaurant was also fantastic and it had a great view out to the apron whilst an A380 was sat outside whilst I was there

Worst if it counts is the "lounge" at NBO which is a cordoned off area of the gate pen with a trestle table of drinks
If not then AMS (usually end up in Murphy's bar instead) or DUB's soulless shared offering
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:12 am

Best so far for me (Very Limited Experience) CX J T3 or ORD FF. With CX nothing better than having a Dirty Martini with some Dan Dan before a short European flight. ORD has the best food spread I have seen so far in a lounge.

Worst either LAS or VIE dissapointing food selection and a limited range of Alcohol.

For me GC at Heathrow's best feature is a shower after a longhaul flight but the lounges in EDI and GLA have a better feel to them and are much more cosy. EDI and GLA both have Woodford reserve which I can never find in lhr.

Very much looking forward to my 4 hours in HKG coming back from the rwc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.