Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vote for the worst and best lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, * Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold AMEX Plat'm, Marriott Titan'm, Hilton Diamond
Vote for the worst and best lounge

Sorry, bored, fed up, etc. Mostly annoyed tonight

Worst - Milan Linate. Sitting in it at the moment. No food, no glasses, truly unclean and untidy. Bar is shrinking without being replenished. Staff .... hmmm

Best - Oddly Newcastle at the moment. Great time last week, clean, tidy, friendly staff, chatty, had champers brought to me without asking. A pleasure to be in

Lounges don’t have to be new, don’t have to have the latest furniture , huge range of food or drink. They are places you’d like to spend some time in and feel comfortable

Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Worse: Faro, hands down the worst lounge I've ever seen, although I a aware my sample size is much smaller than lots of posters here.

Best: I know it's no CX lounge, but I've always been impressed with the BHD one. The direct boarding from the lounge is hard to beat. And the staff is always great.
sentosa and aidy like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I'd definitely agree with NCL as being one of the best, but I am a little biased

In terms of the worst, I don't think I have ever been in a truly bad lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
My sample size is definitely small, but I remember being particularly impressed by the brand-new AA Flagship lounge at MIA. I only got a fleeting moment to spend in it, but the decor was beautiful, the food selection was gorgeous, and the self service bar brilliant. Their salty chocolate chip cookies were very curious. There were a lot of people, but because of the size (also in terms of ceiling height, an often overlooked component), it didn't feel crowded.

Worst lounge (so far!) has been BA Club lounge in LHR T3. Packed like a doctor's waiting room, small, noisy and bit tattered. Corridor leading there looked like we were about to use a staff exit to visit a basement storage area. Not impressed with the food selection. We sat down for a single Baileys before making our escape back to the Qantas lounge for their scones and gin!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Best: A tie between LH F Terminal FRA and CX Pier F. I really like the decor, the drinks, the sit down restaurants, the bathrooms, the private areas for snoozing or watching flights.

Worst: BA lounge in SEA. Stayed there waiting for a BR flight close to midnight one late December night. It just looked tired and shabby, holes in upholstery, like it hadn't been getting attention, just wear and tear for a decade+. I got a drink which was fine, but food on offer was just cup of noodles, biscuits or fruit. I'd agree with Geordie405 that it wasn't terrible; it just wasn't very good, even compared to lounges I've been in out of the way like TG's lounge at CNX or DL's lounge in FRA (which is moved/gone now, but it was a nice lounge in FRA T2 to wait for a flight).
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Major disappointment was Nice. Best is BOS, CX at HKG J second.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Best for me is still the LHR Virgin Clubhouse (but within OneWorld I would say HKG Pier F)

Worst within BA network - Nice
Worst ever: the Club America lounge pier F MIA that Virgin used before they moved to Delta terminal last year - truly a depressing end to any holiday in Miami.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:15 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Best for me in recent years is the ZRH one at the E gates. Light, airy, lovely hot food and a great view over the airfield.
Second best is AMS (which is often criticised on here) for mostly the same reasons as ZRH except no hot food. But then I don't go to a lounge expecting a hot meal.

I agree on the one at LIN being awful but for me the worse by a loooong way is the one at GOA. No natural light at all, is pre-security and also there is never any food at all except packets of crisps and a biscuit. Nothing else. Ever. Oh and the coffee machine is often broken or simply out of coffee.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Worst Centrair Airline Lounge in NGO by far.

Best has actually been (but not on the latest visit) the number 1 lounge at MAN, I was sporting Man Flu and without saying anything, the lounge greater has the bar make me a sugary hot lemon- just what I needed when I felt so terrible.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
As someone who gets to use lounges very infrequently....

Newcastle has to be my favourite, not just because its my closest (which it may not be thinking about it). Staff seem really friendly, lounge never seems busy even when really early and actually go out the way to help you (like trying to get me on an earlier flight without asking).

Worst, dont think I could say as I havent tried enough BA lounges and maybe the novelty hasnt worn off quite yet.

What I havent found is any rude unhelpful staff. Even at Galleries North at Heathrow I found the lounge reception really friendly even letting me know we would be boarding via a bus so didnt have too long.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Thankfully the two worst BA lounges are no longer relevant, namely Almaty and Catania. The first lounge in Bermuda is poor and gets my vote today.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
I Don't have the widest experience but from the ones I have been in:-
Best- Virgin LHR clubhouse
Worst - Bangkok Airlines - Luang Prabang (admittedly, free for all passengers and better than the terminal (This was before the new terminal opened five or so years ago) Bangkok airlines are fantastic however so I wont knock them for the free lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
Best for me in recent years is the ZRH one at the E gates. Light, airy, lovely hot food and a great view over the airfield.
Second best is AMS (which is often criticised on here) for mostly the same reasons as ZRH except no hot food. But then I don't go to a lounge expecting a hot meal.

I agree on the one at LIN being awful but for me the worse by a loooong way is the one at GOA. No natural light at all, is pre-security and also there is never any food at all except packets of crisps and a biscuit. Nothing else. Ever. Oh and the coffee machine is often broken or simply out of coffee.
Oh yes I do love that Zurich lounge - amazing terrace. So tough to choose the best
BOH likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Worst - Verona. Even worse than Nice. Literally beer, coke and crisps. Also landside.

Best longhaul - CX Wing in HK.

Best shorthaul - it’s hard to choose. I liked Helsinki before the refurb. Now, possibly Brussels with the nice food and free Leffe and Hoegaarden?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Thankfully the two worst BA lounges are no longer relevant, namely Almaty and Catania. The first lounge in Bermuda is poor and gets my vote today.
I must defend the Almaty lounge; it was neither BA or OW and you did get a voucher for a free cup of coffee and a KitKat! What more can the international traveller want for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.