Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vote for the worst and best lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:13 am
Suspended

Best: HKG Qantas Lounge - good food, nice lounge staff and a pretty good barista as well
Worst: DUS Hugo Junkers Lounge - a lounge for everyone who's not in *A, basically no food, bad drinks, never any free seats
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by navylad
Best has actually been (but not on the latest visit) the number 1 lounge at MAN, I was sporting Man Flu and without saying anything, the lounge greater has the bar make me a sugary hot lemon- just what I needed when I felt so terrible.
Must have been really bad man flu... there isn't a Number 1 lounge at MAN
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Best BA GLA/EDI etc

Best I've been in ....... any CX in HKG.

Worst would be a small one but I think it is a relativity thing. If it is a big airport it should be better so my vote for teh worst is the BRS in PEK. A dump.
That is why I always go to the CX at gate 20.

Current fav is the lounge at MUC. Spotlessly clean, food okay, wine is nice and upstairs is very quiet.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Although I haven't been in many:

Worst: The 'temporary BA lounge' in Terminal D at DFW. Even the lady controlling entry apologised for it before I had even set foot inside (She was right!). It was dark, dingey and horrible with inedible snacks and no hot food. I hope the new one whenever it opens is a lot better (to be honest I quite liked the old one).

Best: Boston BA lounge - Everything the temporary DFW lounge wasn't.

BM
Hedwig likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum, SQ PPS Solitaire. TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by tartempion
Best Turkish IST CIP lounge, 3 weeks to go and Ataturk airport will be closed, but indeed often overcrowded.
Will land new IST airport 27 april, seems IST will have 3 international and 1 domestic lounges, 1*A lounge a biz lounge and an executive lounge (who ever might have access)
Worst BA lounge BRU
Really bad lounge Aspire VIE, Montreal National Bank lounge probably the most crowded and dirties i have seen.
Need to add the BKK Thai Orchid lounge on D gates (the very narrow long one), the other Thai lounges are just OK
BEST
I have to second Turkish Airline IST CIP lounge and of course we are not comparing with the first class lounges (in terms of refinement). So many things to do; book a massage, shower, golf simulator, cinema, playground for kids, freshly cooked food, bars and etc. Easily spend half a day there without complaining.
And for domestic transfer, you get whisked away from the lounge directly to the plane in a bus.
WORST
As for the worst lounge, too many Garuda domestic lounges to name.
The *A lounge (can't remember which lounge they use) in HCM sucks big time.
The catering in TG Royal Orchid Lounge in BKK is a tad disappointing as compared to SQ's .
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jk156
Worst? TXL (it being landside is a major component), LIS or IBZ.
TXL is very far from being the worst lounge. In fact, in my extensive experience, it's pretty good - spacious, bright, with plenty of seating and always a good range of food and drink (including fresh fruit and a bowl of help-yourself fun-size chocolates on the counter). Its only real shortcoming is that it is landside, which, due to the layout of the security at TXL, makes it extremely difficult to judge when you should leave to get your flight.

I can think of many worse lounges even in Europe, my own nomination being GOA (Genoa), which was dark, uncomfortable and landside.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by teledude
Amazed at the lack of CCR mentions. The staff working make it the best for me everytime
​​​​​​
Worst hmmmm probably DBV.
sat in DBV now, and it is utterley woeful
teledude likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
I’ve not been in many lounges not done much flying but there’s two Short haul lounges that are memorable for being bad..

Verona and Palma

I’ve enjoyed the Galleries Lounge at LHR/LGW/EDI and even the No1 Lounge does what it says on the tin!

i will soon be flying on my first major long haul trip to Hong Kong and then onto Australia in J so I am really pleased the CX lounges are ranked amongst the best. We are flying back in F so a good afternoon of Lounge-hopping at HKG beckons!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Havana was pretty awful when I was there some years ago.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
TNR isn't great. Very small, limited seating, you have to ask for food after which they will then bring a small plate with a few pastries .

Quite liked the United lounge in LHR T2 last month.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:22 am

Bergamo the worst. Aspire Lounge for British Airways in Terminal 3 isn't much better....crowded and stuffy.

My daughter liked PEK for some reason. My favourite is AUH....EH lounge..free neck massages, great food and lots of personal space.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Best BA lounge I've been in: LGW Galleries (only silver so never been in T3 CX F / CCR / GF). Still better than LHR T5B in my opinion.
Best overall lounge I've been in: DOH Al-Safwa
Worst overall lounge I've been in: Tie between TXL AirportClub and STR Elli Beinhorn. The latter doesn't even have any windows and only had one bottle of wine in the whole lounge.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: Some
Keeping it within oneworld only:

Best - QR CDG (yes, my favourite is not even technically an F lounge!). Very honourable mentions go to QR LHR, QF MEL F, QF SYD F, Al Safwa, The Pier F HKG and CX LHR F. I think if you have Concorde Dining BA IAD is the best of BA and is a great lounge in the grand scheme of things, without Concorde Dining it's nowhere near any of these, though.

Worst - Some of the complete dumps passengers are sent to at various mainland Chinese airports, I have literally chosen to sit in the main terminal before instead.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
It was a few years ago now but DME was my worst. Combination of poor offerings and rudeness above and beyond what any situation could merit.

The 'hot' food was stone cold and when my colleague mentioned it, a member of staff took his bowl, applied about 60 seconds of microwave power before slamming it down in front of him with a snarl. Had no intention of doing anything about the rest in the serving dishes. I stuck to some plastic wrapped cheese and biscuits as the safest option.

This was a few years ago though so it may have improved.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Hong Kong gets lots of votes. I have been to the BA and CX offers there, and they are great. However, my best ever HKG lounge experience was in the Virgin lounge. The physical environment and the food/drink offerings were good, but what set it apart was the service. Quite brilliant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.