Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 first lounge heaving

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

LHR T5 first lounge heaving

Never used the First lounge before, but it’s so busy people are competing to even sit down, and first checkin had a queue out into the main area.

Is it often this busy?

I also struggled to find anyone who could help find some gluten free options. Every single one of the hot plates, and the sandwiches, were not an option.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It tends to get more crowded and also check-in queues get longer when there is a widespread issue like the weather etc.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Mar 15, 2019 at 11:53 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: BaGold
Just left B gate lounge - was quiet as a mouse, and no queue for Elemis spa appointment. Was great!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by likethis
Never used the First lounge before, but it’s so busy people are competing to even sit down, and first checkin had a queue out into the main area.

Is it often this busy?

I also struggled to find anyone who could help find some gluten free options. Every single one of the hot plates, and the sandwiches, were not an option.
Would this be around 17 hrs on a Friday? If so, then this is a busy time thanks to the weekly commuters, who have a good chance of accumulating Gold / Emerald status with the regular travel. Thursdays can be slightly busier still, Tuesday evenings would be completely different. Saturday afternoon you would have the place to yourself, almost. I would guess the place will be a lot quieter in an hour from now if there aren't too many more delays but as LTN Phobia has guessed, about a third of flights are currently delayed by bad weather, typically 30-60 minutes area.

There should be the salad and tapas items available, but if you hang around the Refectory area between the individual tables then someone should become available. If it's busy then the staff will have their work cut out tidying up the plates etc, and to be honest I think the gluten free items held in store aren't that exciting (biscuits and cake from memory).
likethis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.