Search

No more Hillier grams!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No more Hillier grams!

According to @Raffles and Head for Points the era of the Hillier gram is soon to be at an end as he will be departing BA / BAEC this month.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hooray !
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Goodness, the end of an era, 29 years of service to the company and almost all of it in BAEC.

Happy retirement James Hillier! I shall miss our weekly epistle.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
But who will take over. Or has the job role been 'enhanced'?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
I tell you he was not a “real” person. There have been at least 7 “James” all members of the secret order of the Avios who actually run the airline. Cruz is just their puppet.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Happy retirement James! Your name for me is still synonymous with my earlier days with BAEC, perhaps from a time when I still read emails.

I once met James at a Taste of London event when we were both hiding from any frequent traveller who might visit this forum and who would be on the warpath about a change which has been lost in the depths of time. It was nice to be able to enjoy a champagne picked by Jancis Robertson with you, and I think and hope your future life is similarly well curated.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Mar 14, 2019 at 1:37 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
According to @Raffles and Head for Points the era of the Hillier gram is soon to be at an end as he will be departing BA / BAEC this month.
Better get a souvenir letter from him then, need some more tags for my DYKWIA activities anyway...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Goodness, the end of an era, 29 years of service to the company and almost all of it in BAEC.

Happy retirement James Hillier! I shall miss our weekly epistle.
James appears way way way too young to retire. Does he have a daily moisturising regime? If so, I demand to know all about it.

Congratulations Mr Hillier
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Conflicting views on the Real Mr Hillier, it seems.

I will miss the pointless, badly-targeted, messages that we used to complain about here.

The World of BAEC is a smaller place without him.
flying4workNfun and morges1 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:38 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I'm always amused to note that seemingly Mr. Hillier actually exists. For all of the giddy heights of unobtainable BAEC luxury from him that seemed to end up in my inbox, he might as well have been Tom Champagne from Readers' Digest.

Anyway, I trust that he will indeed enjoy a long and happy retirement.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by V10
I'm always amused to note that seemingly Mr. Hillier actually exists. For all of the giddy heights of unobtainable BAEC luxury from him that seemed to end up in my inbox, he might as well have been Tom Champagne from Readers' Digest.

Anyway, I trust that he will indeed enjoy a long and happy retirement.
V10 is obviously part of the conspiracy.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Well I vote to bring him back. Just received my first renewal pack in the new era and it contains some really strange wording. Apparently, "Tier Points reset every year to recognise your last twelve months in the air with us." I always thought there was a reason they reset to 0 each year but I didn't think that was it. They are doing it for me. How very nice of them.

Also, "Thanks to your current balance, you've held on to your Gold Guest List membership". What a strange way to put it. Sounds like it was a close shave apart from the fact that I had double the number of tier points required to "hold on" to it.

Just all a bit odd really.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by T8191

I will miss the pointless, badly-targeted, messages that we used to complain about here.

But they did have a certain entertainment value.

Hopefully the oddball messages will continue, albeit under a new alias.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.