Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No BA waiver for 125 ticketed AA 737MAX flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No BA waiver for 125 ticketed AA 737MAX flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
I just think it’s unacceptable on a 125 (CAA regulated airline) ticket.
As noted though the CAA is completely irrelevant. BA is regulated as an airline by the CAA/EASA, but in this case they are not acting as an airline, they are acting as a TA and nothing more. If you had booked through a traditional TA you would get exactly the same response. BA is not under any obligation to rebook you and AA has not issued any waiver to allow for free re-booking.

Whilst I appreciate your concern, if you disagree with the stance that the FAA & AA have taken you need to take this up with AA. I think the suggestion above of asking AA for a same day change may be worth trying.
SKT-DK and windchaser777 like this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: DL,EK
Might happen here soon. Bloomberg is reporting that Transport Canada just grounded all 737 MAX aircraft.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL
For those checking their upcoming AA flights (like I did as I remembered at least one was 737-operated), the 737 Max 8 code used by American is 7M8, whereas the far more common 737-800 is 738. American have 24 of the former, and over 300 of the latter.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Just seen a report in the Guardian that Trump has announced the grounding of all MAX flights once they reach their destination.

OP will need to wait until AA decides what alternatives to offer and is in AAs hands
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Just seen a report in the Guardian that Trump has announced the grounding of all MAX flights once they reach their destination.

OP will need to wait until AA decides what alternatives to offer and is in AAs hands
Breaking news on the BBC also. Might be the first sensible thing he has done.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
OP, your problem is probably now fixed in one respect! But the IRROPS issues now begin
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The good news for OP is that he won't be flying on a MAX. The bad news is that he may not be flying. I would be on the phone instantly as whatever availability exists will be gobbled up quickly.
windchaser777 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
This is a commercial decision by Alex Cruz to not allow free changes on BA-issued tickets, which include Max-operated segments.
Shame on you (Alex Cruz)!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
This is a commercial decision by Alex Cruz to not allow free changes on BA-issued tickets, which include Max-operated segments.
Shame on you (Alex Cruz)!
All 737 MAX aircraft are now grounded, therefore no one will be flying on one for immediate future, so no need for the hysterics. Either another (non-737MAX) aircraft will be subbed in to operate the original flight, or the flight will be cancelled and recommendations will be provided.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I hope that all passengers with BA-issued tickets will get their change fees refunded, if they changed or cancelled their tickets in the duration between the ET crash and Trump's ban on Max operations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.