Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is 3000 avios the new going rate for no entertainment for 9 hour flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia

LHR to YVR Feb 21 2019...slept but wanted to watch Bohemian Rhapsody
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Depends on the cabin. I believe it is something like 15k in First, 10K in CW, 5K in WTP and 3K in WT, figures approximate. This is assuming a full failure and no alternative seats. It did go down for a few years, but then went back to previous levels from about 2 years ago. So the word "new" confuses me somewhat.
flyer200 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Depends on the cabin. I believe it is something like 15k in First, 10K in CW, 5K in WTP and 3K in WT, figures approximate. This is assuming a full failure and no alternative seats. It did go down for a few years, but then went back to previous levels from about 2 years ago. So the word "new" confuses me somewhat.
I recall receiving 5k travelling in economy some time ago...no big deal...had a good sleep
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Got 3k for non functioning IFE in WT last week (HKG-LHR)
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
We had non functioning IFE in First last week from SYD (amongst a heap of problems in F) - still waiting to hear back from BA.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:29 am
bzc

Programs: BAEC Silver
This happened to me a few times but I never thought asking for avios compensation. How do you go about this, do you ask the cabin crew on the plane or do you contact customer services afterwards?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
if you were on an avios redemption in first, would you still get 15k?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:51 am

I had a similar problem issue on Virgin Atlantic a few months back and they gave me 20k Flying Club miles for the inconvenience. BA are penurious when it comes to service recovery.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
My husband and I both got 10k each when I complained the subtitles were getting jammed - I am deaf (he isn’t) and reliant on subtitles. We were in WT+ from BOS to LHR.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
if you were on an avios redemption in first, would you still get 15k?
Yes, that makes no difference, ditto redemptions in other cabins would also get the same amount.
bmibaby737 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Yep, I got 3k last week in WT for perfectly working IFE video and audio from ACC to LHR... Just s shame there was a 4 second lag between the video and audio
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by bzc
This happened to me a few times but I never thought asking for avios compensation. How do you go about this, do you ask the cabin crew on the plane or do you contact customer services afterwards?

yes tell the cabin crew so they can do a reset to see if that gets it working and if that fails log the problem so it can be repaired and they’ll also trigger the compensation.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Cabin crew sometimes hand out a form to be completed and handed in as you leave the plane without asking but no shame in asking and handing it in as you did not receive something you paid for.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by rsak
Got 3k for non functioning IFE in WT last week (HKG-LHR)
Was that on 777 YMM something? With the RC IFE?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by bzc

​​​​​​I had a few small issues on a recent flight in CW, amongst one of them a dodgy touchscreen on my IFE. The flight attendant was very dismissive so I didn't feel comfortable asking him for any compensation, but filed a complaint online (combined with the other issues I had on the flight), and got 30K Avios as service recovery. Which, incidentally, was 5K more than it cost me to upgrade from WTP in the first place!

Like other posters have said, it may be more efficient to ask the flight crew directly if you feel comfortable doing so, but online certainly is a perfectly serviceable alternative if you'd prefer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.